Whatcha talkin' 'bout, Willis (McGahee)? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whatcha talkin' 'bout, Willis (McGahee)?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Whatcha talkin' 'bout, Willis (McGahee)?

Postby Mikey » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:31 pm

I've got an empty roster spot (two when you consider LaMont Jordan is taking up a space on my bench). I'm pretty set at most positions and there's not much out on the wire.

Been reading that the Bills are going to be making a decision in the next 2 weeks or so on McGahee's status for the season.

Anyone got an opinion on whether he's worth picking up now and stashing away on the bench. The Bills running game is struggling and maybe they turn to McGahee for help down the stretch (presuming of course he's healthy).

Too speculative? Maybe it's a long shot, but the league's got active owners and I don't want to be caught watching.

Thanks.
Mikey

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby brdmaverick » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:36 pm

a long shot? yes

however, if you have a free spot as you do, why not take a shot right?
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:51 pm

I've thought about the same thing. To me, if you've got the roster spot, I'd grab him and see what settles out the next few weeks. If he can play they'll play him this year.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jdogg_ffc » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:59 pm

Depends on your patience level, this move will prob. take about 6 wks. Can you wait that long? Maybe wait about 2 or 3 wks. and ck. Henry out etc.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:35 pm

Heck, if you have the room, why not? Why have an empty space? He could do better than who you have there now.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby JrcWy » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:41 pm

I would fill it with Bennet or Pennington if they are out there first. If not, I guess you could pick up Willis and always drop him if you needed to.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kevin » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:19 pm

Excuse me, but is there something more to that rib injury? You have a 1400 yard rusher last year on your team in Travis Henry and your talking about a RB contraversy?
Kevin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mtarail » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:59 pm

Uhhh, yeah Kevin. If you got a broken Ferrari for super-cheap and then fixed it up wouldn't you want to take it for a test ride? That's where the Bills will be with McGahee by week 10 if he recovers quickly.

However, as JRC said, if Bennett isn't already taken I think he's a lot more of a lock to help you out in the second half.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:05 am

Sorry to change this on ya, but which Bennett are we talking about here? I just dropped Brandon Bennett in favor of Rudi Johnson after yesterday. Did I miss the boat and make a HUGE mistake?

Bennett ... 5 carries for 7 yards
Johnson ... 15 carried for 51 yards

Friendliness: %

Postby The Champ » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:08 am

Sorry again, that was me and here's my roster now.

QB (1): (1) S. McNair, D. McNabb

WR (3): (1) L. Coles, (2) H. Ward, (3) A. Johnson, D. Stallworth, C. Rogers, D. Northcutt, A. Boldin

RB (2): (1) E. George, (2) S. Bryson, C. Martin, Lamont Jordan, Rudi Johnson, Quentin Griffin

TE (1): (1) C. Fauria

K (1): (1) J. Feely

DEF (1): (1) Tampa Bay, Minnesota

Who should I drop to get McGahee? Do I really need Minnesota or do you think in a 13 team league they could be good trade bait? Should I grab Brandon Bennett again also?
The Champ
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk