Preseason - should we worry? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Washington Redskins

Preseason - should we worry?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Preseason - should we worry?

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:43 pm

I haven't been able to watch any of the games live myself. But, do ya'll think we should be worried with how poorly the team has faired this preseason? I was extremely confident prior to the start of the preseason games, but, I'm now worried we are in for a long season..
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:41 pm

A little worried, but the coaching staff has said most of it is just that they arent scheming or doing anything they would in a real game. what I am mostly worried about his Springs' injury and the kicking/punting game.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:46 pm

Hmm many people are getting worried. I'm not at all.

In fact as there are 5 minutes left in this preseason game tonight I'm glad the Skins are going to lose. Why? Because there is no reason to win. What's preseason for? If you think it's to gain momentum for the regular season your wrong. Obviously the Colts were a sucky team last year because they went 0-4.

We have used 5 pages of the 700 page playbook.

Greg Williams has used 3 basic coverage schemes all preseason.

The first team offense used almost no motion and change of plays.

Portis was out, Griffen played very little, Springs was out. The list goes on and on.

The Redskins team you see losing preseason games isn't even the same team that's coming out Monday night. The coaches are the same sure, but are they even trying to win? I don't think Gibbs wants to even win. Heard him a few days ago and he sounded happy to be 0-3. If Gibbs is happy I am happy. There are many things we don't know, MANY things we don't know.

When we blow out the Vikings I'm not going to be shocked in the least.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby SkinSFan22 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:04 am

I am not worried at all. To put it simply, the preseason doesn't matter at all. The preseason is just to find out who makes the team and who will compete for the 4th-5th string job. Last time we went 0-4 in the preseason, we went on to win the SB.
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:06 pm

as painful as it's been to watch, there is purpose to how they are going about preseason, or so they say. I'm not worried or hitting the panic button now but i will be if the game vs the viqueens blows up in our face.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jimskins28 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:45 pm

worried? hell, every year I worry how bad we'll be. Yet, I beleive they will show the league that preseason isn't an example of how the season will go. HTTR
thanx snipershot. We miss you #21
jimskins28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:31 pm

just lettin yall no that in gibbs superbowl years he was a combined 1-7 in preseason so i wouldnt worry bout anything cept for potentially portis' injury.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:33 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:just lettin yall no that in gibbs superbowl years he was a combined 1-7 in preseason so i wouldnt worry bout anything cept for potentially portis' injury.

He's one three superbowls so there should be 4 more games in there, but I like where your heads at. ;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:09 pm

SkinSFan22 wrote:I am not worried at all. To put it simply, the preseason doesn't matter at all. The preseason is just to find out who makes the team and who will compete for the 4th-5th string job. Last time we went 0-4 in the preseason, we went on to win the SB.

I was wondering about that, thought that's how it was.

LIke I said in the initial post, I haven't been able to see any games this preseason, life's been a bit hectic, so I havne't been able to keep up with the team as much as I'd like.

Thanks for the reassurances, guys!
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby PrOuD_SkInS_FaN » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:43 pm

im not worried at all, Gibbs is keeping the playbook very simple, and key players on offense and defense have sat out pre season games, im pretty sure, we will see that great redskins team like we did last year, come september 11
AKA PrOuD_KnIcK_FaN
cutting out a render-15 mins
finding stocks-10 mins
picking a text-5-20 mins
loosing to Wicked 3 times-priceless
PrOuD_SkInS_FaN
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Graphics Expert

Return to Washington Redskins