Who should I take at #6? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who should I take at #6?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who should I take at #6?

Postby rcbeards » Mon Aug 26, 2002 12:31 pm

Got the draft coming up this weekend. I know the first three picks are going to be Faulk, Warner and A. Green. I have the 6th pick and am highly intent on taking a running back. The question is, which one? I figure Alexander will be snatched up at four or five. Do I take Ricky Williams, Priest Holmes or Edgerrin James? What are your thoughts? I am eyeing Holmes, but haven't made a decision yet.
rcbeards
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby buryme12 » Mon Aug 26, 2002 12:32 pm

definetely go with holmes not only does he run the ball good he also catches a ton of balls
buryme12
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 26, 2002 12:41 pm

i'd go with holmes too because james is coming off the knee injury and holmes racks up total yardage much faster hes your best pick

Friendliness: %

Postby rcbeards » Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:03 pm

If Holmes and Alexander go at 4 and 5, then would you agree Rickey Williams is the best available? What about Ladanian Tomlinson at #6?
rcbeards
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby n_tremain23 » Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:43 pm

At #6 Warner,Faulk,Alexander,and Green are certain to be gone.The other two picks could be Holmes,Tomlinson,Garcia,or Culpepper.If Holmes or Tomlinson aren't gone yet,then you definately want to go with one of them.It's really your pick.With Holmes,it's fair to expect another standout season,but if you are risk-averse,let someone else take the plunge with Holmes.Tomlinson should be ready to carry the ball as many times as the Chargers are willing to give it to him in 2002.With Tomlinson,you will get a consistent workhorse back with a ton of upside.
n_tremain23

Postby rcbeards » Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:41 pm

Well, it sounds like the fourth pick is going to be Jeff Garcia. Possible Shaun Alexander, but Garcia is at the top of his list. Now the dilemna is, Alexander or Holmes. Without Dilfer, is Holmes a better pick, or is it impossible to let Alexander slide past me?
rcbeards
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby terpfan » Mon Aug 26, 2002 8:04 pm

if alexander is there at your pick DO NOT PASS ON HIM!
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 26, 2002 9:28 pm

Just to throw in a monkey wrench, how bout E. George?? If you are set on a RB, don't count him out. I know it might be a little early, but he catches balls, scores TD's, and racks up yards. Can Holmes repeat a career/league best year?? Eddie is tough and healthy...

Serious Monkey Wrench

Postby D.A. » Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:02 am

OK ... I agree with the whole "grab Alexander if he's there" talk. BUT, the ONE RB not mentioned yet that HAS to be given serious consideration over Tomlinson, Williams, and Holmes is Corey Dillon. Take a look at his stats over the past three years and you'll agree.
D.A.

Return to Football Talk