Help w/ the # of roster spots for this league. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Help w/ the # of roster spots for this league.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help w/ the # of roster spots for this league.

Postby Blue Bear » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:10 am

In this 12 team league we play the standard: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K.

We are having a debate as to how many total roster spots we should have. It is currently at 18 with 2 IR spots. So, potentially you could have a total of 20 players on a roster.

Some people think this is too many and will make the WW too barren. Other owners don't care abou the WW and want to make sure that their teams are solid from the draft.

How many roster spots should we have?
Blue Bear
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:17 am

we use 20 with pretty much the same settings(swap flex for a 3rd WR) and id say it's perfect.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby upslogger19 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:14 am

we have the same starting positions and we only have 15 on our roster in a 10 man league. I like have WW options and it makes you really think about who is on your team.
No drafts yet.
upslogger19
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:17 am

I would probably go with one fewer reserve guy but wouldn't consider it a major issue. It's not like you're going to go to a 3-man bench or anything. If people are really upset, you could drop one roster spot and one injury spot. But I wouldn't feel strongly about 20 total vs. 18.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby toombstone » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:08 pm

Want to hear about some crazy stuff?

I am in a 14team league with 8 weekly starters, and only 12 roster spots........

that crap just isn't right.
toombstone
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby MrTwo94 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:35 pm

toombstone wrote:Want to hear about some crazy stuff?

I am in a 14team league with 8 weekly starters, and only 12 roster spots........

that crap just isn't right.

Yeah, that's retarded. As for the original question, that sounds good. The more roster spots the better. The only people who want less roster spots are the ones who don't know what they are doing and end up needing to pick up a RB midseason because they only drafted 2 starters. Actually, I shouldn't say the more spots the better, but 18 does sound about right. If you get more than 18 then everyone just ends up drafting their backups and extra defenses until the draft is over. As long as the league remains competitive, it should work out fine. One of my leagues is a 10 team league and 15 spots is just not enough. I've been in this league for 3 years but halfway through quite a few teams stop worrying about the WW and it just becomes so stacked w/talent that I have to drop quality WR's to keep my opponents from being able to pick up starting RB's midweek. If I had 18 spots, this would not be a problem.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk