Thunder(Deuce) & Lightning(Bush) NFL style - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thunder(Deuce) & Lightning(Bush) NFL style

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thunder(Deuce) & Lightning(Bush) NFL style

Postby footballboy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:06 pm

Everyone is high on Reggie Bush (and should be) but remember that his running mate Lendale White:

White finished his career with 3,159 yards rushing, the eighth-best total in school history behind Reggie Bush (3169, 2003-05), Mike Garrett (3314, 63-65), O.J. Simpson (3423, 1967-68), Ricky Bell (3689, 1973-76), Anthony Davis (3724, 1972-74), Marcus Allen (4810, 1978-81) and Charles White (6245, 111976-79)...His 52 rushing touchdowns broke the previous school record of 49 by Charles White. His 57 total touchdowns set a school career record and are one shy of the Pac-10 mark of 57 by Simonton...Those 57 scores also rank 12th in Division 1-A history.

The point here is not about Lendale White but how Bush and White complimented each other, making Deuce McAllister an OUTSTANDING pick in fantasy football. Think about it, Deuce will get anywhere from 15-20+ carries a game and he will get ALL goal line carries. Bush's outside running & pass catching will open up the inside for Deuce when both backs are on the field at the same time. Deuce is 28 yrs old and looks fully recovered from his torn ACL. Bush hasn't carried over 200 times in a season - another plus for Deuce. I don't know about everyone else but I snagged Deuce as my 3rd RB (we start 3), having him rated as the 19 best RB and getting him as a 4th round steal (note that a rushing TD in our league is worth twice as much as a receiving one so RB's are at a premium and go FAST).

I love having Deuce as my 3rd RB - and he will put up many point for your fantasy teams. ;-D

ROSTER
10 team, non-keeper, 17 on roster starting 10 players: 1QB, 3RB, 4WR, 1K, 1DEF - 10 points for rushing TD, 5 points for passing/receiving

STARTERS
QB-McNabb
RB-Jackson, Westbrook, McAllister
WR-Chambers, Wayne, Walker, Branch
K-Wilkens
DEF-Baltimore

BENCH
Linart,
Lundy, M Barber,
Burlson, B Watson,
Gostkowski,
Bills
Ravens Rule!
footballboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby andus » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:15 pm

I agree that Deuce is a better fantasy play than Bush, but USC history has nothing to do with it. You can't run up 200 rushing yards on an NFL defense like you can in college.
andus
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby footballboy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:24 pm

andus wrote:I agree that Deuce is a better fantasy play than Bush, but USC history has nothing to do with it. You can't run up 200 rushing yards on an NFL defense like you can in college.

The point here is not to compare collage to pro - we all know that is ludicrous - but to show that Bush on the field with Deuce will not take from his play but enhance it.
Ravens Rule!
footballboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 9er Fan » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:32 pm

I have to disagree. I think Deuce will be little more than a BYE week fill in this year, especially with Bush on the team. I do think he will probably emerge as the goal line back, but highly doubt he is fully recovered from his ACL tear.

Every time a player is coming back from major injury, the team says they can't tell the difference/he is fully recovered, but it's pretty much always wishful thinking.

That said, in a TD-heavy, 10-team league that starts 3 RBs, Deuce is a pretty damn good 3rd RB.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby onnestabe » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:41 pm

footballboy wrote:
andus wrote:I agree that Deuce is a better fantasy play than Bush, but USC history has nothing to do with it. You can't run up 200 rushing yards on an NFL defense like you can in college.

The point here is not to compare collage to pro - we all know that is ludicrous - but to show that Bush on the field with Deuce will not take from his play but enhance it.

At what point in your original post do you show us this to be true?

You are talking about career rushing stats at USC, but how do the stats you gave illustrate the fact that Deuce and Bush will complement each other?

Bush and White's rushing stats were not just a function of being teammates. Those numbers probably had a lot to do with the level of competition they faced and the quality of the players around them. I don't think their rankings on the USC rushing list tell us anything about how Bush's presence will affect Deuce.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby bklik » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:58 pm

footballboy wrote:

How does a RBBC make a once stand-alone rb better?
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby footballboy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:58 pm

bklik wrote:How does a RBBC make a once stand-alone rb better?

Perhaps I've not approached this properly with the point I'd like to make regarding the Lendale White reference and I apologize. The bottom line of what I'm thinking is it appears alot of people are afraid of drafting Deuce with the presence of Bush and I feel he will be productive in relationship as to where he is going in fantasy drafts based on the points I made in my original post -

Deuce will get anywhere from 15-20+ carries a game and he will get ALL goal line carries. Bush's outside running & pass catching will open up the inside for Deuce when both backs are on the field at the same time. Deuce is 28 yrs old and looks recovered from his torn ACL. Bush hasn't carried over 200 times in a season, etc.

Bottom line - I see Deuce having good value and should not be overlooked as a 3rd back for your team.
Ravens Rule!
footballboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:07 pm

I don't know about your rationale. I see the Saints being behind early in games and taking Deuce out of the action whereas Bush will still be used in the passing game.

I would much rather have Bush than McAllister and if I did have McAllister I would only want him as a bye week filler.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mikus » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:14 pm

Deuce has outperformed Bush in preseason. IMO, he's back. He'll get the bulk of the work this season, and Reggie will see some time at WR.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby footballboy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:36 pm

mikus wrote:Deuce has outperformed Bush in preseason. IMO, he's back. He'll get the bulk of the work this season, and Reggie will see some time at WR.

So we are thinking Thunder & Lighting, right? These two will enhance each other as teams will be so concerned with Reggie that the Deuce will be getting loose - I like it!
Ravens Rule!
footballboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk