Thunder(Deuce) & Lightning(Bush) NFL style - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thunder(Deuce) & Lightning(Bush) NFL style

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mikus » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:40 pm

footballboy wrote:
mikus wrote:Deuce has outperformed Bush in preseason. IMO, he's back. He'll get the bulk of the work this season, and Reggie will see some time at WR.

So we are thinking Thunder & Lighting, right? These two will enhance each other as teams will be so concerned with Reggie that the Deuce will be getting loose - I like it!

That's the theory at least. Deuce and Reggie are perfect complements to each other, as Deuce is the straight-ahead guy and Reggie likes to bounce it outside, inside, all over.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby MrTwo94 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:14 pm

Maybe I've missed it, but why isn't anyone making a big deal about New Orleans losing LeCharles Bently? I don't know how big of a deal it is to lose a center (even one of Bently's talent) but everyone was acting like Droughns is doomed now that he lost Bently but no one has made much of a fuss about New Orleans losing him. Since Bush is not much of an inside runner, I can see this not affecting him as much, but Deuce should surely miss him at least to some extent.

(For the record, I do realize that CLE is now on their 4th starting center, but I was referring to right after Bently went down that everyone was flipping out about Droughns)
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:35 pm

footballboy, you're forgetting that A) Deuce McAllister tore his ACL last year and B) had struggled the last year and a half even prior to the ACL tear.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mikus » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:46 pm

Free Bagel wrote:footballboy, you're forgetting that A) Deuce McAllister tore his ACL last year and B) had struggled the last year and a half even prior to the ACL tear.

1300+ rushing yards and 12 rushing TDs in the year-and-a-half prior to the injury (17 games) ... struggling? It's not terrible.
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:11 pm

Being a Saints fan I would expect you'd be able to look at more than the stats. He struggled with injuries and inconstensies the whole time. There were no happy Deuce FF owners during that period.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby onnestabe » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:13 pm

MrTwo94 wrote:Maybe I've missed it, but why isn't anyone making a big deal about New Orleans losing LeCharles Bently? I don't know how big of a deal it is to lose a center (even one of Bently's talent) but everyone was acting like Droughns is doomed now that he lost Bently but no one has made much of a fuss about New Orleans losing him. Since Bush is not much of an inside runner, I can see this not affecting him as much, but Deuce should surely miss him at least to some extent.

As a Saints fan, I don't worry about it too much because we were able to get Cleveland's former starting Center, Jeff Faine in a draft day trade. He's not as good as Bentley, but he is still a solid player.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby mikus » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:27 pm

onnestabe wrote:
MrTwo94 wrote:Maybe I've missed it, but why isn't anyone making a big deal about New Orleans losing LeCharles Bently? I don't know how big of a deal it is to lose a center (even one of Bently's talent) but everyone was acting like Droughns is doomed now that he lost Bently but no one has made much of a fuss about New Orleans losing him. Since Bush is not much of an inside runner, I can see this not affecting him as much, but Deuce should surely miss him at least to some extent.

As a Saints fan, I don't worry about it too much because we were able to get Cleveland's former starting Center, Jeff Faine in a draft day trade. He's not as good as Bentley, but he is still a solid player.

Agreed. I think Faine has been the most consistent player on the O-line this preseason. This guy was a first-day draft pick (1st or 2nd round, I think) a few years ago, so we know he can play.
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk