Discussion: Faulk's worthiness this year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Discussion: Faulk's worthiness this year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Discussion: Faulk's worthiness this year

Postby Weasel_ffc » Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:17 pm

With the QB and OL situation in SL, I'm not sure if Faulk can stay healthy or play even like a normal RB this year. If you saw his interview this week on Inside the NFL, he couldn't bring himself to answer any decent questions and then left in the middle of the interview. He was very frustrated, and I think some of it might have been at the coach (speculation). What do you think?
Weasel_ffc
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re:

Postby Bluediablo99 » Sun Oct 13, 2002 7:37 am

As a fellow Faulk-owner, I've been really disappointed with his stats so far, but I really think you can peg the blame on his coach, O-line, and QB.

With teams plaing a cover 2 to keep St. L passing game at bay, they should be giving the ball to Faulk at least 25 carries a game, but for some reason Martz and co. have done otherwise.

Having said that, Faulk has been getting his receptions which keeps his value higher than other RBs (sans Williams, Thomlinson, and Holmes) and once their starting FB (Hodgins) and Pace come back, I think you'll see Faulk have some better games.
Bluediablo99

Friendliness: %

Postby slowkidz » Sun Oct 13, 2002 10:16 am

I don't see Faulk really coming out of his funk until the Rams can start passing again. Teams are starting to figure out that man coverage will work on the WR and start stacking the line to stop Faulk. Besides him being frustrated, I think he is just a couple of hard hits away from another injury. I don't see a silver lining for this guy...
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Return to Football Talk