Moderator: Football Moderators

Get used to it.

Postby awwchrist » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:13 pm

Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:32 pm

Wow they went way off the charts there. Seattle and Carolina as top teams. Who'da thunk!

I do disagree with how high they have the Colts rated. I see a team that is on it's way down. Lose their stud RB and replace him with two ?s. And teams have found out how to beat the Colts. Blitz the Schlitz out of Manning. Edge won't be there to stop any blitzers. I don't trust the rook will consistantly enough to keep Princess Peyton off his butt.

I love thes list, aw heck, I love most lists. But power rankings really show just how many good and bad teams there are. I want scream out the absurditiy of the Lions being rated 23 and then look to see that they could very well be better than some other teams. 28th is more realistic though.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:37 pm

i really dont understand all the New England love. oh wait theyre in the NorthEast, my bad.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:38 pm

I'm liking that list.......that #1 overall just keeps lookin better and better.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:53 pm

I discredit any list that doesn't have the New York Jet's at the very bottom. And the Raider's are WAY too high.

I'm gonna sell the Miami Dolphin's hype as well.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby WickedSmaat » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:12 am

Kensat30 wrote:I discredit any list that doesn't have the New York Jet's at the very bottom. And the Raider's are WAY too high.

I'm gonna sell the Miami Dolphin's hype as well.

I'm just wondering ken, do you really think that Miami can't win the AFC East this year? I don't believe they're a Super Bowl team yet(like some have touted), but I see them taking the top spot. They finished the season last year with 6 wins in a row and I think that adding Culpepper has given them a plus on the offense.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:20 am

Gus Frerotte and Ricky Williams combined for most of Miami's offense in those six wins. Take away either of those players, and they'd have been lucky to win a third of the games. Take away both, and an 0-6 finish looks about right.

Gus and Ricky are gone.

Ronnie Brown, who just about everyone is pimping this year, was barely a factor.

Miami is a team that I believe will be a huge disappointment this year (except to us Patriots fans.)

While I do believe that they're mostly headed in the right direction, this ain't their year.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby dgan » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:53 am

That doesn't even make sense. Are you saying Gus Frerotte is better than Culpepper? I'm not a Culpepper fan but even I admit that is ludicrous.

And if you take out Ronnie's first four games (while Ricky was serving his suspension), they had identical seasons. Ricky scored a couple more short yardage TDs and Ronnie caught about twice as many passes.

Your argument makes no sense at all.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:23 am

Power lists are crap. Seattle's in a soft division. Carolina won't win the big one until they get a RB who can stay on the field. Pittsburgh has been wholly unimpressive this preseason. Indy was on top of everyone's power list all last year they still can't win a playoff game. Denver...well, I like where they're at. I could run for 100 yards against Cincy. NE is on their way down.... and so on and so on.

Power lists= opinion

Don't put too much stock into it people. ;-D
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby boojumsnark25 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:14 am

DraftDodger wrote:Gus Frerotte and Ricky Williams combined for most of Miami's offense in those six wins. Take away either of those players, and they'd have been lucky to win a third of the games. Take away both, and an 0-6 finish looks about right.

Gus and Ricky are gone.

Ronnie Brown, who just about everyone is pimping this year, was barely a factor.

Miami is a team that I believe will be a huge disappointment this year (except to us Patriots fans.)

While I do believe that they're mostly headed in the right direction, this ain't their year.

huh? Not sure what you're talking about bud. Ronnie and Ricky had very very similar numbers last year, including the same YPC average, if i'm not mistaken. Are you saying that Culpepper will do worse than Frerotte?

I was a little confused as to why you would say things like that, until you said you were a patriots fan.
boojumsnark25
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk