Return to Football Talk

Who is the Bears starter?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:07 am

Adrian Peterson.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bluemonick » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:30 am

Jimboozie wrote:Adrian Peterson.

I LOL. ;-D
bluemonick
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby DGroundhog » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:29 am

The Bears are a mess on offense. In addition to a RB controversy, there is a QB controversy and a #2 WR controversy.

Pick their D and stay as far away from that pathetic offense as you can.

Force me to take a Bear RB in the middle rounds and it's Jones. The team seems to be rallying around him after Benson left early. Benson's in a little bit of a doghouse right now and will have to prove he can do something that Jones can't. He might not get too many chances to do that.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Goatwhacker » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:45 am

Estarr01 wrote:I'm taken back by this, most people at the cafe believe Benson is more talented and on the verge of taking over T. Jones position. I don't understand how this logic came about.

I know what you mean, there is a lot of disagreement among Bears fans on this. I like TJ, he is a workhorse and did a good job last year. But I think Benson can be even better. In watching him last year I thought he had more power than TJ and could get through the hole a bit quicker. Admittedly he didn't have a lot of carries to base it on but the long runs he had against Detroit and New Orleans last year showed what he could do.

Benson spent the last season in Lovie's doghouse but still seemed to be coming on before his knee strain. He started this season's training camp as the #1 until his immaturity popped up again. All in all I can easily see him as #1 at some point this year.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk