Are all football analysts smoking crack??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Are all football analysts smoking crack???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:11 am

Redskins - Ummmm....forget about Moss? Almost 1500 yards and 9 TDs. Yeah, cooley is there next best player on offense... And don't forget about Lloyd who put up 700 yards with everyone including my grandmother throwing to him last year. And then there's the Playmaker, Randel El. Throw Portis in the mix and sure....their O is going to be horrible this year? :-? Oh and their D had 16 INTs

Dallas - Bledsoe is one of the best QBs in the league when given time. Why settle on one back when you have two very good backs. If one's not performing, put the other in. That's called getting results not being undecisive. TO got too much credit for what happened to Philly last year. That whole splitting the locker room is crap. I will agree they need a new kicker.

Philly - Injuries injuries injuries! Forget TO, that's what happened to philly last year. And since when do they need a #1 reciever?? They didnt have one before TO came and still won didnt they?

Giants - Are going to be monsters this year. They've been highly impressive and much improved on D. "dependant on Manning being able to perform well for an entire season (which he has yet to do"?? Manning has only played one full season as starter. You make it sound like he's been at this for 10 years and hasn't been able to perform a whole season.

A couple months ago, there was a poll on the toughest division in football, this division won if I remember right. This is the only division where EVERY team has a chance of winning it.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:12 am

deacon wrote:Yes Philly did go to the champ game 4 years in a row but they basically ran away with the east because the other teams were dreadful.

They got a first round bye every year and won one playoff game to get to the NFC championship which they lost. The only year they made it over the hump was when they played the Falcons and I don't think anyone will argue that they are or were a powerhouse team.

I know they had tons of injuries last year but they went from 8-0 in the division to 0-8 last year. I don't think Philly could hang with at least 5 of the AFC's top teams. Could Dallas? Redskins?

Giants seem to be the only real threat in that division.

Philly benefitted from the fact that the NFC is full of mediocre teams. Its the same thing Seattle did last year.

considering the giants and cowoys made the playoffs in the span, and the eagles had regular season games involving the rams, tampa, carolina, minnesota, atlanta and some others during that run, I hardly think they were solely a product of the divsion.

and the Eagles did hang with the AFC's top team int he super bowl. The only major difference on o is subbing out TO for Stallworth, and the D is probably going to be much improved. I know that was two years ago, but the point has some merit

Last year, the only team that beat the eagles twice with mcnabb was dallas, and the skins giants sturggled to beat them without mcnabb, westbrook and most of the defense. I'd say when you lose three probowlers on offesne, several on defense, and the biggest position of them being qb, yea, the injuries are mitigating--you can't totally looka t the divsion sweep the same way after considerin gthat.

Think what you will, but its clearly on paper the toughest division.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Are all football analysts smoking crack???

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:39 am

deacon wrote:I'm just wondering. Every analyst I see on TV or read in mags or web is touting the NFC east as the toughest division in the NFL.

What???

How can this be?

The Redskins look like hot garbage and their offense is horrible. Their D does not cause turnovers and outside of Portis, Chris Cooley is by far their best player.

Dallas has a QB that while above average is 105 years old, can't avoid the rush. The D is good but they give up too much rushing yards and Tuna can't even decide who the feature running back will be. TO is eventually going to be TO and start causing trouble which will take the focus off playing football and will inevitably split the locker room. And Vanderjadct (sp) has proven time and again that he cannot hit a clutch kick.

Philly does not have a true #1 receiver or running back that can carry 25 per game. The D cannot stop the run and they rely too heavily on blitzing (eventually they get burned).

Giants look to have the most complete team in the division but it will be dependant on Manning being able to perform well for an entire season (which he has yet to do). Their D also has trouble stopping the run.

As a whole this division does not look any better than the AFC north or NFC south.

It must be the 'sheep mentality'. One person said it and everyone else is just going along with it. I just don't see it.

Name a tougher division than the NFC East.

Didn't think you could. :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby moonhead » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:57 am

afc west is pretty tough...but you have the raiders.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby J2thez929 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:12 pm

AFC North is a very tough division.

Steelers are the defending Super Bowl champs.

Bengals look like they have a valid shot at the Super Bowl now that Palmer is back

Ravens are much improved with McNair at the helm and they have a solid D.

Browns are improved a lot from last year with all their additions.

Thats a tough division, IMO
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Are all football analysts smoking crack???

Postby Charlie24 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:27 pm

deacon wrote:I'm just wondering. Every analyst I see on TV or read in mags or web is touting the NFC east as the toughest division in the NFL.

What???

How can this be?

The Redskins look like hot garbage and their offense is horrible. Their D does not cause turnovers and outside of Portis, Chris Cooley is by far their best player.

Dallas has a QB that while above average is 105 years old, can't avoid the rush. The D is good but they give up too much rushing yards and Tuna can't even decide who the feature running back will be. TO is eventually going to be TO and start causing trouble which will take the focus off playing football and will inevitably split the locker room. And Vanderjadct (sp) has proven time and again that he cannot hit a clutch kick.

Philly does not have a true #1 receiver or running back that can carry 25 per game. The D cannot stop the run and they rely too heavily on blitzing (eventually they get burned).

Giants look to have the most complete team in the division but it will be dependant on Manning being able to perform well for an entire season (which he has yet to do). Their D also has trouble stopping the run.

As a whole this division does not look any better than the AFC north or NFC south.

It must be the 'sheep mentality'. One person said it and everyone else is just going along with it. I just don't see it.

are you kidding?! :-?
Dallas got better on both sides of the ball. Everybody is predicintg TO to bring hell with him and deservedly so but dont say that Dallas will play poorly just because he will blow up. So far he hasn't shown much but he knows he has to stay in line and he knows Parcells is boss and doesnt give a crap if he's hurt or not, either he practices or he doesnt play. Besides, albeit its only preseason, Glenn and co. are really looking very good. Havind an un-decided backfiled as you call it is not something bad, it is a luxury. If JJ is not cutting it, simply replace him with Barber and vice versa. Its like Holmes LJ of early last year to a lesser extent. And TO is not the only offensive upgrade, as Fasano will have a solid year IMO and Bledsoe is one of the most accurate QBs in the league when given time... The D does not worry me at all. You say we had trouble stopping the run? well carpenter, a sophomre Ware, Ayodele, and more time together will take care of that. Dont sleep on this ?Unit because they are without a doubt one of the best in the league and the strength of this team

Its impossible for philly to be as bad as last year simply because everyone is returning from injuries. I dont like their O at all, but they have enough to compete with pretty much anybody as long as their RBs remain healthy and Stallworth keeps progressing. Their D should be much better as well with the addition of Bunkley and their returning starters. TO alone did not cause their downfall last year, as injuries really hit them hard, so expect them to bounce back this year

The G-men have an amazing D with the addition of Arringont and co. and their O is really good. Manning should continue progressing step by step and his nice set of WRs should really come in handy. barber, though getting older, is still one of if not the best multipurpouse backs in the league. they only thing worrisome for them is the tough schedule

Washington was hurt bad by the injury to Portis, but he should be back in time. There is no way Brunnell plays like last year, but even if he plays at 75% of what he did last year, its a solid season. Randle El gives you the option to creat wacky plays that can give you the edge in games (super bowl pass to Ward anyone?? ) and Moss and LLoyd make for a great trio of WRs. Their D, as long as Williams is their coordinator, will always show up to play agressively. They have playmakers on both sides of the ball but a bit of a QB question if Brunnell falters

Like I said, every team improved and you could say all 4 have top-15 Ds in the NFL... To say Dallas will falter because of TO is absurd. This is without a doubt the toughest division in the NFL
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:22 pm

Dallas = #1 team in the NFC
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby armchair » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:21 pm

Agreed. Dallas will win the division which by the way is the toughest in football.
armchair
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgan » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:18 pm

J2thez929 wrote:AFC North is a very tough division.

Bengals look like they have a valid shot at the Super Bowl now that Palmer is back

Steelers limped into the playoffs.
Bengals are good, but more of Indy good rather than rough and tough good.
Ravens, will be the toughest if the D stays healthy.
Browns will not have a winning record.

It is certainly a good division, but I don't see any way to argue they are tougher than the NFC East.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby deacon » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:46 pm

dgan wrote:
J2thez929 wrote:AFC North is a very tough division.

Steelers limped into the playoffs.
Bengals are good, but more of Indy good rather than rough and tough good.
Ravens, will be the toughest if the D stays healthy.
Browns will not have a winning record.

It is certainly a good division, but I don't see any way to argue they are tougher than the NFC East.

Steelers limped into playoffs?????? Four straight wins is a heck of a way to limp into the playoffs and eight straight to win the title!

Bengals are on their way up, Colts are on the way down, no comparison.

Ravens have what they have always lacked, a QB.

Browns, well they will be the Browns so I agree.
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk