Are all football analysts smoking crack??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Are all football analysts smoking crack???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deacon » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:56 pm

Charlie24 wrote:
deacon wrote:Wow!!!

That NFC East really looked like gangbusters this weekend!

Let's see, 1-4 and the only win comes from the team playing last years worse team in the league.

Yeah that NFC East is by far the best division in the NFL!

give it a rest dude its only been one week... according to this logic we have the Jets and the Saints aomng the best teams in the league and the Carolina Dallas and NYGiants among the worst :-?

My logic does not suggest that at all. I'm talking about a division not a specific team! Logic would say if this is the best division in the league then they sould be able to beat teams outside of their division.

Don't get so emotional, it's not my fault the NFC East is not living up to expectations. ;-)
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Smee » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:17 pm

The G-men lost to last years best regular season team.

The Boys lost to Jags team that was 13-4 in a tough AFC conference (losing to Indy twice by the way).

The Skins lost to the Vikes, going on last year that's pretty weak but the Queens looked pretty good on Monday night (especially that O-Line, I'd be happy if I were a Chester Taylor owner).

The Iggles won.

You need to put the opening day into context, you can't just say that the NFC East isn't any good because they didn't crush everyone on right out of the gate.
Smee
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:19 pm

deacon wrote:
Charlie24 wrote:

Let's see, 1-4 and the only win comes from the team playing last years worse team in the league.

give it a rest dude its only been one week... according to this logic we have the Jets and the Saints aomng the best teams in the league and the Carolina Dallas and NYGiants among the worst :-?

My logic does not suggest that at all. I'm talking about a division not a specific team! Logic would say if this is the best division in the league then they sould be able to beat teams outside of their division.

Don't get so emotional, it's not my fault the NFC East is not living up to expectations. ;-)

youre kidding right?
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Charlie24 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:34 pm

deacon wrote:
Charlie24 wrote:

hmmm ok then the best division in the NFC must be the NFC west with powerhouses such as St Louis, Arizona and San Francisco to go with the defending national league champs Seahawks... I mean, 3 of them have perfect records and San Francisco only lost because they faced the almighty Rams ;-7

it's been one week
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby FatFoot » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:17 pm

Charlie24 wrote:well I'm not one of those fans that immediately sent the to the SB after the TO signing, but the team clearly has potential. The D was tremendous in the preseason but was somewhat ineffective in the season opener, but given time I'm sure they'll get it together. T Newman is the most underrated CB in the league and the pass rush will only improve. The problem here clearly lies on Bledsoe's shoulder. The O-line, contrary to other opinions, was actually giving him some time yet he missed simple passes and underthrew his targets routinely

I'm not saying they're going to theSB or not, but the team showed that it can have a scary O when Bledsoe is accurate (like the first drives) and D can be dominant, its just a matter of Bledsoe showing up and putting the ball in the WRs hands

They're a team with HUGE potential, no doubt, but I've been reading on this site how the Cowboys are a top 5 D (some people have actually put them 2 or 3) and a lock for the playoffs. How you perform on D in the preseason doesn't matter. You're not seeing full speed offenses, not seeing whole games, and not showing your opponents your full speed D. There's no doubt that the Cowboys have the tools, and the coaching. But there's still a HUGE question regarding whether or not they can get anything done with it. One game, so far, and NO they did not look great. And I'm not even talking about FF points.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Charlie24 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:31 pm

FatFoot wrote:
Charlie24 wrote:well I'm not one of those fans that immediately sent the to the SB after the TO signing, but the team clearly has potential. The D was tremendous in the preseason but was somewhat ineffective in the season opener, but given time I'm sure they'll get it together. T Newman is the most underrated CB in the league and the pass rush will only improve. The problem here clearly lies on Bledsoe's shoulder. The O-line, contrary to other opinions, was actually giving him some time yet he missed simple passes and underthrew his targets routinely

I'm not saying they're going to theSB or not, but the team showed that it can have a scary O when Bledsoe is accurate (like the first drives) and D can be dominant, its just a matter of Bledsoe showing up and putting the ball in the WRs hands

They're a team with HUGE potential, no doubt, but I've been reading on this site how the Cowboys are a top 5 D (some people have actually put them 2 or 3) and a lock for the playoffs. How you perform on D in the preseason doesn't matter. You're not seeing full speed offenses, not seeing whole games, and not showing your opponents your full speed D. There's no doubt that the Cowboys have the tools, and the coaching. But there's still a HUGE question regarding whether or not they can get anything done with it. One game, so far, and NO they did not look great. And I'm not even talking about FF points.

yeah I know what you mean and its a huge concern that Bledsoe looked so bad despite getting some time to get off his throws but like you said its only been one week. The seahawks O also looked lost out there yet no one is saying they're done , and not that you're saying the Boys are done, but at the begginning of the season some teams need time to get it together thats all...

I must admit that even though I dont think I talked about it here I'm one of those Cowboys super D believers. And I only mentioned preseason because If I'm not mistaken they did not allow a single point up to the last game though I dont remember (the starting unit that is). They started the game playing good D but got tired or something because Jax moved the chains at will after the first quarter. I think the problem was the lack of pass rush (only one sack?! ) and the CBs having trouble with the taller WRs, but all of that will improve with time... the talent is still there, which is why I believe they will rebound nicely against the skins :-D but some people definitely have to temper their expectation until the unit jells... when that happens though LOOK OUT }:-)
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby deacon » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:07 pm

So how do you feel about the NFC Easy now???
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:20 pm

deacon wrote:So how do you feel about the NFC Easy now???

Yeah, a division that is in all likelihood sending 3 teams to the playoffs, what a cakewalk...

1 team marred with injuries and switching QBs mid-season has sucked, 2 are in the playoffs, one is likely making it as the 2nd wild card. Please, enlighten which division is tougher? Where you would you rank this division out of 8? You gotta be joking if you think any NFC divisions are better.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deacon » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:18 pm

maddog60 wrote:
deacon wrote:So how do you feel about the NFC Easy now???

Yeah, a division that is in all likelihood sending 3 teams to the playoffs, what a cakewalk...

1 team marred with injuries and switching QBs mid-season has sucked, 2 are in the playoffs, one is likely making it as the 2nd wild card. Please, enlighten which division is tougher? Where you would you rank this division out of 8? You gotta be joking if you think any NFC divisions are better.

No I don't think the other NFC divisions are better but that is because the NFC sucks as a whole. We may see another 8-8 team make the playoffs and if things work out a 7-9 team. The NFC is a joke and the NFC east is a big part of it!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk