drafting 10/10 in 20 minutes! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

drafting 10/10 in 20 minutes!

Moderator: Football Moderators

drafting 10/10 in 20 minutes!

Postby WessWackos » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:37 am

What kind of strategy should I use here?!

Do I have a chance at a decent RB or team?
WessWackos
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:40 am

I think that you should try to pick the best player available each time that you're up. ;-)

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:29 am

What Flots said, but go in thinking about RB-WR with those first 2 picks, that way you have a solid foundation to build upon.

You should have a shot at either Rudi, Portis, FWP, or Caddy. Then WRs will fly off the board after you and I like the depth at RB this year enough to take a WR at 2.01. SSmith will probably be off the board, but you should be able to snag Fitz, CJ, Harrison or Holt at that spot. They won't be there when you pick next.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby robnestrick » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:54 am

I guess I'm old school.. I'd go RB/RB.. but it will depend on who's available....
robnestrick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby freeling_prideful » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:53 am

RB/RB could be pretty good. Depending on league, Steven Jackson falls down there sometimes. Ronnie Brown's usually there if Jackson isn't. Brown, Lamont Jordan, Cadillac, Rudi Johnson are normally taken in that range, so grab 2 of them.

W/ the next picks you get you can probably still get 2 good WR's. I've noticed Hines Ward is falling b/c of injury, but I think he'll still have a strong season--he's Big Ben's only great target, which I think means 9-12 TD over the course of the year.
freeling_prideful
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rentz » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:02 pm

normally i go RB/RB but it all depends on who falls, i usually preffer to get 2 top tier rb's vs 1 and 1 top 5 wr. but if smith falls to you at your 2nd pick, or even chad johnson, i'd be tempted to snag them, otherwise id look at brown/portis/jackson/rudi in the first, and a guy like willie parker in the second.
rentz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk