The Lions starting Wide Receiver's? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Lions starting Wide Receiver's?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:34 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:Oh, Mike Furrey, sorry. Never heard of him. A guy not drafted, out of Northern Iowa. I'll bet Mike Williams can become the #3 at least.

sigh...you would think so...as a Lion's fan i'm not counting on Fatty seeing he field too much though...Fatty is #5 behind

Roy Williams
Bradford
Furrey
Drummond
Fatty :-t
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:15 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Wesley Walker wrote:Oh, Mike Furrey, sorry. Never heard of him. A guy not drafted, out of Northern Iowa. I'll bet Mike Williams can become the #3 at least.

sigh...you would think so...as a Lion's fan i'm not counting on Fatty seeing he field too much though...Fatty is #5 behind

Roy Williams
Bradford
Furrey
Drummond

Man, what's going to keep defenses from smothering Roy Williams constantly? Bradford and Furrey don't exactly seem like world beaters to me.
Pokeyouindaeye
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:51 am

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

Roy Williams
Bradford
Furrey
Drummond

Man, what's going to keep defenses from smothering Roy Williams constantly? Bradford and Furrey don't exactly seem like world beaters to me.

That is going to be the real question. That and the few times he does break coverage, who is going to get him the ball. Kitna has shown no talent for throwing deep.

Doughnut Mike Williams is the second most talented WR they have, but his work ethic rubs the coaching staff wrong. So he is relagated to the end of the roster waiting for Drummond's yearly injury, Bradford to show why the talent filled Texans let him leave, and Furry to show that it takes more than just knowing the playbook to make an impact. Should all those things occur, Doughnut will still have to hope that Scotty Vines doesn't return to health.

There is simply too much talent in front of the #10 player taken in last year's draft for Doughnut to get on the field.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NikkiSixx » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:19 am

Pete123444 wrote:I thought they had D Givens?

Givens is a Titan.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:58 am

The lineup and depth chart hasent changed at all this preseason. From the start its been RWilliams and Bradford as the #1 and #2. Furrey and Drummond will be the slot WRs. The other 2 active WRs, MWilliams and Bodiford, will be the primary backups.

The majority of these guys will look really poor to start the season since they are all learning the playbook still. Until they "get it" and are comfortable with knowing EXACTLY where to go on each play, they will be tentative and that hesitation will will be amplified on the field.

This is still a work in progress.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk