Santana Moss - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Santana Moss

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby fightinfitz_08 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:14 pm

consistent production wins fantasy football titles. moss will be great 5-6 weeks of the season but thats about it. i'd much rather have a guy like wayne who can give you atleast 80+ yds every week with the upside to do much more any given Sunday.
fightinfitz_08
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wesley Walker » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:22 pm

fightinfitz_08 wrote:consistent production wins fantasy football titles. moss will be great 5-6 weeks of the season but thats about it. i'd much rather have a guy like wayne who can give you atleast 80+ yds every week with the upside to do much more any given Sunday.

That's great, except that Wayne failed to get his 80 yards nine times last year (ten, if you count the game he missed due to injury). As far as upside, just two 100-yard games, and no multi-TD games.

So I think Santana compares favorably.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:23 pm

I am one of the many that is staying away from him. Im staying away from the whole redskins team this year. Brunnell is as old as dirt and Todd Collins is the backup QB. With Portis questionable that whole offense is looking worse than last year.

Yes they added several recievers but look who they added. Lloyd and Randle El. Two small recievers that have been propped up by better recievers. Synder is once again spending his money unwisely.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby armchair » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:24 pm

You are crazy if you would take Santanna over someone like Reggie Wayne. Reggie going to have a monster year and I think will pass Harrison in all categories. Also peyton is 5-6 years younger than Brunell so that is not even a close comparison. Brunell isnt aging he's already done that. Now he's damn near ancient. Watch him in the preseason and he can barely throw a 15 yard out. You go with Santanna that high. I'll take Reggie, Chambers, Hines, Mason, Burress and others.
armchair
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mikus » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:30 pm

The main thing you are forgetting is that Reggie Wayne has Peyton Manning throwing to him. And throwing to Marvin. And throwing to whoever else in that offense. Throwing, throwing, throwing.

Washington likes to run the ball more. Brunell is not Marc Bulger, or Peyton Manning, or an any of the other aging quarterbacks. He's no where near their talent level. Granted, he had a good season last year, I will give him credit. But he does not have those seasons consistently.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Wesley Walker » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:44 pm

mikus wrote:The main thing you are forgetting is that Reggie Wayne has Peyton Manning throwing to him. And throwing to Marvin. And throwing to whoever else in that offense. Throwing, throwing, throwing.

Washington likes to run the ball more. Brunell is not Marc Bulger, or Peyton Manning, or an any of the other aging quarterbacks. He's no where near their talent level. Granted, he had a good season last year, I will give him credit. But he does not have those seasons consistently.

Santana's '04 looked a lotlike Wayne's '05: two 100-yard games and 5 TDs. In '03, Santana had 10 TDs total -- pretty good, right?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby armchair » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:45 pm

Keep drinking that kool-aid.
armchair
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Wesley Walker » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:55 pm

The Colts threw the ball twice more per game than the Skins last year. With Harrison and Stokely in the picture, Wayne's gotta a share of the work. I think Moss's share will be greater in Washington.

My kool-aid inspires me to look stuff up, find stats, factual evidence to support my argument that maybe people are under-rating Moss in drafts and that he's probably a better value than Wayne.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Red5 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:49 pm

I think this is one of those situations where the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I took Moss in a 10 team draft after the crew of Wayne/Ward/Chambers/R Williams were gone but before less explosive and/or risky options as D Jackson/Burress/J Walker/D Driver. This seems like a reasonable assessment of his value to me.
Red5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Red5 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:50 pm

I think this is one of those situations where the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I took Moss in a 10 team draft after the crew of Wayne/Ward/Chambers/R Williams were gone but before less explosive and/or risky options as D Jackson/Burress/J Walker/D Driver. This seems like a reasonable assessment of his value to me.
Red5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk