How do you feel about Brian Westbrook? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How do you feel about Brian Westbrook?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cleokatrah » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:12 am

XHendrix wrote:westy is a stud in a leauge with ppr, in a non-ppr not that special.

I wouldn't say not that special in a regular league but I do agree with the first part. I think he's a solid, if not a bit underated, second back. He should be a workhorse while he's healthy.
Cleokatrah
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:01 am

Cleokatrah wrote:
XHendrix wrote:westy is a stud in a leauge with ppr, in a non-ppr not that special.

I wouldn't say not that special in a regular league but I do agree with the first part. I think he's a solid, if not a bit underated, second back. He should be a workhorse while he's healthy.

He'll accumulate 1500 total yards. His receiving production figures to expand this year and even if he only plays 13 games he's still very valuable. The TDs seem spotty, but he's been reliable for TDs for 3 years now. They come in bunches.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mrblitz » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:38 am

In a non ppr, I like him ranked about 12th.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby rentz » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:40 am

while he is an injury risk, i think westbrook is a solid 2nd rb...receptions and rushes combined he'll get good yardage and td's.
rentz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kcs261 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:13 pm

Is Buckhalter or Moats the backup to Westbrook?
kcs261
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby aussieboy » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:43 pm

Westbrook is underrated every yr.

He slides in drafts because he's not your prototypical RB who gets 25 carries a game. Last time I checked fantasy points were awarded based on yards and TD's not carries. Westbrook is a yardage MACHINE. Last yr he finished 10th amongst rbs in fantasy ppg. That's despite the Eagles destructing during the season. Without TO he'll be the focus of this offense, which means while he still wont get 20+ carries a game he will touch the ball 20 times a game as he's involved heavily in the passing game.

He is an injury risk but if you can get him as your 2nd rb then you're looking very good.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby oscarx21 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:53 pm

aussieboy wrote:Westbrook is underrated every yr.

He slides in drafts because he's not your prototypical RB who gets 25 carries a game. Last time I checked fantasy points were awarded based on yards and TD's not carries.

Some league award points per carries but I see your point, he is yet another solid RB when healthy and can put solid numbers everyseason, a solid #2 RB I agree with that.
oscarx21
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby DGroundhog » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:59 pm

His foot is hurting already, and they'll continue to make an effort to 'keep him healthy' which usually means less touches and lower fantasy value.

He seems to be clumped with McGahee draft wise, but I think McGahee has a whole lot more value to your fantasy team than Westbrook.

In the 2nd round (where he is usually selected) I'd much rather have a top WR than an oft nicked up and under utilized RB.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk