Best RTS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Video Games

Best RTS

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:38 pm

Free Bagel wrote:1. Age of Empires II
2. Warcraft III
3. Starcraft

Starcraft: Ghost (the FPS) I believe has been cancelled.

I read it was still in development the other day, even though it's been delayed a ton.
Image
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1235
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby SniperShot » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:42 pm

A perpetual delay is the same thing as being cancelled in my book. :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:10 pm

Has to be Warcraft. If you're counting Civilization as an RTS than Rome Total War was a pretty sweet game, at least the RTS part.
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 5602
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: North of the Border

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:13 am

teddy ballgame wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Starcraft: Ghost (the FPS) I believe has been cancelled.

I read it was still in development the other day, even though it's been delayed a ton.


http://xbox.ign.com/objects/489/489845.html
Despite early buzz and standing anticipation, StarCraft: Ghost suffered numerous in its ambitious development schedule, and eventually lost its original developer due to commitments. The PS2 and Xbox versions continued on with a new developer, but in March of 2006, the current-gen games were put on indefinite postponement as chief overseer Blizzard moved its focus towards next-gen systems. The possibility is open for StarCraft: Ghost to be resurrected on other platforms, but the current-gen versions are essentially on hold and likely cancelled unless otherwise decided upon.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:09 am

Free Bagel wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Starcraft: Ghost (the FPS) I believe has been cancelled.

I read it was still in development the other day, even though it's been delayed a ton.


http://xbox.ign.com/objects/489/489845.html
Despite early buzz and standing anticipation, StarCraft: Ghost suffered numerous in its ambitious development schedule, and eventually lost its original developer due to commitments. The PS2 and Xbox versions continued on with a new developer, but in March of 2006, the current-gen games were put on indefinite postponement as chief overseer Blizzard moved its focus towards next-gen systems. The possibility is open for StarCraft: Ghost to be resurrected on other platforms, but the current-gen versions are essentially on hold and likely cancelled unless otherwise decided upon.

Doesn't change what I read. ;-)
Image
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1235
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby niblet » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:00 pm

Age of Empires II ;-D
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 456
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I-O-W-A

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:19 am

I find the Age of Empires and Rise of Nations tends to get a little boring... very boring. I think it's because the enemy units and strategies are so similar.

Apparently the Company of Heroes is the best RTS in a long time (haven't played it yet, my computer needs an upgrade).



Anybody go onto the battlenet for Starcraft or Warcraft?
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2822
Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:25 am

Twisted Sister wrote:Anybody go onto the battlenet for Starcraft or Warcraft?


Uh, how else would you play? The campaign? Pff... ;)
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby niblet » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:22 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:I find the Age of Empires and Rise of Nations tends to get a little boring... very boring. I think it's because the enemy units and strategies are so similar.

Apparently the Company of Heroes is the best RTS in a long time (haven't played it yet, my computer needs an upgrade).



Anybody go onto the battlenet for Starcraft or Warcraft?


It isn't boring if you play it online.
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 456
Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I-O-W-A

Postby LukeW9027 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:23 am

I still hop on Battle net every once in a while and get my Starcraft on... What an epic game. ;-D
Image

The Future is here
LukeW9027
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1015
Joined: 28 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "In Greek Mythology,The Titans were even greater than the gods" Coach Boone

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:52 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact