Pac-10 v SEC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

Pac-10 v SEC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pac-10 v SEC

Postby mikus » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:45 pm

Can we end the Pac-10 versus SEC dispute finally? The fifth best team in the SEC (Tennessee) dismantled the second-best Pac-10 team on Saturday.

USC is the only school that can be competitive in the SEC, but keep in mind they beat a pretty terrible Arkansas team.

So is this discussion finally over, or are the Pac-10 lovers still living in ignorance???
Image
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4658
Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:27 pm

Was there ever a Pac-10/SEC debate?

I admit I wanted/thought Cal to win that game, but if you ask me which conference is better, the answer is obviously the SEC.
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby Sandrock » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:32 am

That's okay, we'll take our national championships and all those heismans we've won recently while you're still sadly basing everything off one game.

There's never been a Pac-10/SEC debate as far as I can remember. And besides, CAL isn't the 2nd best team in the Pac-10. But if you actually bothered to research the topic, you'd know that.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1422
Joined: 1 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Reser Stadium; lamenting the D-Line for 2011

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:31 am

Sandrock wrote:That's okay, we'll take our national championships and all those heismans we've won recently while you're still sadly basing everything off one game.


Off of the one team that the OP mentioned would be competitive in the SEC, so I don't see your point.

Get back to me when you've got more than 1 team to talk about.

And no, there never was a Pac-10 vs. SEC argument, there was only a is the Pac-10 a total joke outside of USC argument, which the obvious answer is of course yes.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby VaderFin » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:06 am

LOL, what dispute?
Image
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7030
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In my Tie Fighter blowing up Rebels

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:05 am

Anyone that isnt completely sick with homeritis knows the Pac 1 cant even touch the SEC.
Image
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

Postby Sandrock » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:31 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Sandrock wrote:That's okay, we'll take our national championships and all those heismans we've won recently while you're still sadly basing everything off one game.


Off of the one team that the OP mentioned would be competitive in the SEC, so I don't see your point.

Get back to me when you've got more than 1 team to talk about.

And no, there never was a Pac-10 vs. SEC argument, there was only a is the Pac-10 a total joke outside of USC argument, which the obvious answer is of course yes.


Get back to you? You imply that I think your opinion is worth anything.......I don't. Less than nothing in fact.

Yes I realize that the SEC is the best conference in the country. However, the Pac-10 is always competitive in the 3 major sports and is continually snubbed and sold short. So when I see pathetic posts like the ops, of course I have to comment. Go back to your little fantasy worlds, congrats you have the best conference and congrats on being pathetic enough to have to continually rub it in everyones face.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1422
Joined: 1 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Reser Stadium; lamenting the D-Line for 2011

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:05 pm

Sandrock wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
Sandrock wrote:That's okay, we'll take our national championships and all those heismans we've won recently while you're still sadly basing everything off one game.


Off of the one team that the OP mentioned would be competitive in the SEC, so I don't see your point.

Get back to me when you've got more than 1 team to talk about.

And no, there never was a Pac-10 vs. SEC argument, there was only a is the Pac-10 a total joke outside of USC argument, which the obvious answer is of course yes.


Get back to you? You imply that I think your opinion is worth anything.......I don't. Less than nothing in fact.

Yes I realize that the SEC is the best conference in the country. However, the Pac-10 is always competitive in the 3 major sports and is continually snubbed and sold short. So when I see pathetic posts like the ops, of course I have to comment. Go back to your little fantasy worlds, congrats you have the best conference and congrats on being pathetic enough to have to continually rub it in everyones face.


looks like someone needs a cold beverage to get that bitter taste out of their mouth.... :-b
Image
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

Postby Sandrock » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:18 pm

And it looks likes you need to get a clue about your little QBs heisman chances...
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1422
Joined: 1 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Reser Stadium; lamenting the D-Line for 2011

Postby mikus » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:33 pm

Sandrock wrote:That's okay, we'll take our national championships and all those heismans we've won recently while you're still sadly basing everything off one game.

There's never been a Pac-10/SEC debate as far as I can remember. And besides, CAL isn't the 2nd best team in the Pac-10. But if you actually bothered to research the topic, you'd know that.


I did research the topic. Going into Saturday USC was ranked higher than Cal, with Cal being the second-highest ranked Pac-10 team. Done.

ChampionshipS??? One-peat is only one championship, last time I checked. :-b

2003: LSU
2004: USC
2005: Texas
Image
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4658
Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Next

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 3:54 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact