Pac-10 v SEC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Pac-10 v SEC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:30 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I like Oregon over Oklahoma, it is a matchup of the two best running backs in college football (I said it), even though Peterson is way ahead of Stewart (who is pretty far ahead of everyone else).

Should be a close game, although if the team that Oklahoma was last week goes into Autzen, they will get destroyed.

I agree, i like stewart a lot as well. Is he healthy though?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:07 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I like Oregon over Oklahoma, it is a matchup of the two best running backs in college football (I said it), even though Peterson is way ahead of Stewart (who is pretty far ahead of everyone else).

Should be a close game, although if the team that Oklahoma was last week goes into Autzen, they will get destroyed.

I thinned it down a little but this is from the local paper in Eugene,

Stewart sprained his ankle last week. He will travel with the team this week to play Fresno St. but wont be in the starting line up. Oregon's policy is that a player must be "full go" during Wednesday's practice to be in the starting lineup. Stewart participated in that workout on a very limited basis. Coach Belotti feels he should be close to 95% by game time but if hes not he probably wont play. In place of Stewart, fellow sophomore Jeremiah Johnson will make his first collegiate start. Johnson rushed for 79 yards on 10 carries last week against Stanford, with a long run of 52 yards.

I hope Coach Belotti or Stewart himself doesnt risk further injury by rushing him back too soon. We really need him agianst Oklahoma.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:30 pm

Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

I thinned it down a little but this is from the local paper in Eugene,

Stewart sprained his ankle last week. He will travel with the team this week to play Fresno St. but wont be in the starting line up. Oregon's policy is that a player must be "full go" during Wednesday's practice to be in the starting lineup. Stewart participated in that workout on a very limited basis. Coach Belotti feels he should be close to 95% by game time but if hes not he probably wont play. In place of Stewart, fellow sophomore Jeremiah Johnson will make his first collegiate start. Johnson rushed for 79 yards on 10 carries last week against Stanford, with a long run of 52 yards.

I hope Coach Belotti or Stewart himself doesnt risk further injury by rushing him back too soon. We really need him agianst Oklahoma.

I agree, i think they can beat FSU without stewart, no need for him to get hurt and destroy Oregons chances at a BCS bid.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:33 pm

WOOF
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:53 pm

mysticphysh wrote:Image

WOOF

F*@k Georgia ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:34 am

I can accept Pac 1 but lets be consistent here.

From here out the new conference names below:

Pac 1

Big Two-elve

Big 10 minus 7

Big yeast infection

Hamlantic Toast

SE .333

This thread is kind of dumb. Of coarse the SEC is better than the PAC 10. Look at the rankings.

Plus if you were a star coming out of HS would you want to go to a conference that has their games on at a time when most of the nation is asleep then gets snubbed when Bowl games are decided.

Or go to a team on the east coast where the true bias lies.

No brainer here East coast.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby CC » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:27 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I can accept Pac 1 but lets be consistent here.

Pac 1

Big Two-elve

Big 10 minus 7

Big yeast infection

Hamlantic Toast

SE .333

This thread is kind of dumb. Of coarse the SEC is better than the PAC 10. Look at the rankings.

Plus if you were a star coming out of HS would you want to go to a conference that has their games on at a time when most of the nation is asleep then gets snubbed when Bowl games are decided.

Looking at recent "snubs" (Cal and Oregon) they both went to on to lose their bowl game to "inferior" teams.

Maybe these aren't snubs, but actually are the better team making it into the BCS game.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:50 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:I can accept Pac 1 but lets be consistent here.

Pac 1

Big Two-elve

Big 10 minus 7

Big yeast infection

Hamlantic Toast

SE .333

Looking at recent "snubs" (Cal and Oregon) they both went to on to lose their bowl game to "inferior" teams.

Maybe these aren't snubs, but actually are the better team making it into the BCS game.

Very tough to get up for a meaningless game after such a great season. Who brags about the Holiday bowl anyway. A Bowl game of that calibur really means nothing to me. If I were a coach I would make sure every single player on my team played. Get the seniors in for a few snaps then try and guage my future players for next year. Kind of like a pre-season game.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:15 pm

That getting up for the game garbage is the worst argument I've ever seen in this forum. When teams get snubbed they get MORE up for the next game to prove everyone wrong.

This whole bias thing is utter crap. If you're good enough you'll get your bowl games and you'll get your media hype. See: USC.

Anyone that thinks Oregon got snubbed last year is just a blind, pitiful homer. I like Oregon (though I admit to absolutely hating their whiney, annoying fans) but they were nowhere near a BCS team last year. Their marquee victory was a 3-point win over a team that lost to the likes of Nevada, Tulsa, and everyone's favorite week 1 warm-up team Louisiana Tech.

Then just to prove everyone right they lost to the first mediocre out of conference team they came across in their bowl game.....just like the last time they bitched and moaned about this crap.

You don't prove everybody wrong and set yourself up for next time by losing to a crappy team out of conference just like everyone said you would. It's about damn time some whiney ass Oregon fans took some accountability.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby VaderFin » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:26 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Very tough to get up for a meaningless game after such a great season. Who brags about the Holiday bowl anyway. A Bowl game of that calibur really means nothing to me. If I were a coach I would make sure every single player on my team played. Get the seniors in for a few snaps then try and guage my future players for next year. Kind of like a pre-season game.

This crap is only what losing teams say. :-t
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football