Texas vs. Ohio State - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

Texas vs. Ohio State

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:19 am

I agree with the "Mack Brown is a bad game day coach" comment. Not to take away from him, but anyone could be a great recruiter at Texas where they basically pick and choose the top players from the state and then make a run at a few out of state studs.

I didn't check their offense, but Texas' entire starting defense was from in-state.

Prior to last year, everyone thought Mack Brown was Lloyd Carr and couldn't win the big game. If you say differently you are lying, or you didn't know what you were talking about to begin with. If Texas loses to Oklahoma this year (not looking likely with how terribly OU is playing) some of those sentiments will start to rise again.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby AZirishfan » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:36 am

You still have to say if Texas did not Fumble at the 2 yard line in the second Q the GAME would have been different. Maybe even a Texas win. And I also say Brown is not a great game day coach. He never really could win that one against the Sooners.
AZirishfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 306
Joined: 8 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:01 am

Had a surprise party to go to last night so I DVR'd it. Ohio St ran away with this one easily. I didn't really care who won but seemed to be rooting for Ohio St.

Wasn't the game it was hyped to be. Texas needs to drop a few spots till they can prove they have a QB who can win.
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby jayday » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:06 pm

Wow, we had a helluva party last night but it wasn't much of a game after halftime...

Troy played well and still has to be considered a front-runner for the Heisman....Teddy is looking much more polished as a receiver than last season....And Anthony Gonzalez may very well be one of the most underrated receivers in the nation....He always comes up with big plays in big games....

The defense bent and bent, but it didn't break.....The helmet-to-helmet call at the end of the half was laughable....Richardson's eyes were up and he didn't lead with his crown....LB James Laurinaitis, the son of Animal from the Legion of Doom, was the MVP in my opinion.....Caused the huge fumble at the goal line as well as the interception....

Bucks still control their destiny ;-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5459
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:21 pm

So that was you guys out burning stuff last night? I thought the fans who posted here regularly were above that.

Anyway that whole thing is weak. Root for your team, but no reason to damage property and cause mayhem. Very weak. :-t
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3936
Joined: 8 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:41 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:So that was you guys out burning stuff last night? I thought the fans who posted here regularly were above that.

Anyway that whole thing is weak. Root for your team, but no reason to damage property and cause mayhem. Very weak. :-t

!+) Piss off....I wasn't even in Columbus....I was at a party at my cousin's house....When I said we had a helluva party, it meant we had a helluva party....It didn't mean we went out and rioted....Judging people when you don't know what you're talking about....Weak, very weak....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5459
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:56 pm

jayday wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:So that was you guys out burning stuff last night? I thought the fans who posted here regularly were above that.

Anyway that whole thing is weak. Root for your team, but no reason to damage property and cause mayhem. Very weak. :-t

!+) Piss off....I wasn't even in Columbus....I was at a party at my cousin's house....When I said we had a helluva party, it meant we had a helluva party....It didn't mean we went out and rioted....Judging people when you don't know what you're talking about....Weak, very weak....


I'll make you happy, jayday.
So that was you guys out burning stuff last night? I thought the fans who posted here regularly were above that. :-b

Anyway that whole thing is weak. Root for your team, but no reason to damage property and cause mayhem. Very weak. :-t

I thought the space between comments was enough. I stand by my judgement of the fans being a-holes for burnin stuff because a team they root for one a big game. If you dont agree, you're right, I just might question your character, but otherwise my first statement was meant as a joke.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3936
Joined: 8 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:25 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:
jayday wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:So that was you guys out burning stuff last night? I thought the fans who posted here regularly were above that.

Anyway that whole thing is weak. Root for your team, but no reason to damage property and cause mayhem. Very weak. :-t

!+) Piss off....I wasn't even in Columbus....I was at a party at my cousin's house....When I said we had a helluva party, it meant we had a helluva party....It didn't mean we went out and rioted....Judging people when you don't know what you're talking about....Weak, very weak....

I'll make you happy, jayday.
So that was you guys out burning stuff last night? I thought the fans who posted here regularly were above that. :-b

Anyway that whole thing is weak. Root for your team, but no reason to damage property and cause mayhem. Very weak. :-t

I thought the space between comments was enough. I stand by my judgement of the fans being a-holes for burnin stuff because a team they root for one a big game. If you dont agree, you're right, I just might question your character, but otherwise my first statement was meant as a joke.

The ":-b" made a complete difference in how your post read...Sorry for jumping on you but be sure to include the smilie next time in case my sarcasm detector isn't working....

I agree that those people who went around burning stuff are classless....But you'll have a few idiots do stupid stuff like that after any big game lots of places.....Saturday night's incidents were actually quite tame though compared to those in the past, it was mostly couches and mattresses....No cars were destroyed or set on fire....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5459
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aldridg6in » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:34 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I agree with the "Mack Brown is a bad game day coach" comment. Not to take away from him, but anyone could be a great recruiter at Texas where they basically pick and choose the top players from the state and then make a run at a few out of state studs.

I didn't check their offense, but Texas' entire starting defense was from in-state.

Prior to last year, everyone thought Mack Brown was Lloyd Carr and couldn't win the big game. If you say differently you are lying, or you didn't know what you were talking about to begin with. If Texas loses to Oklahoma this year (not looking likely with how terribly OU is playing) some of those sentiments will start to rise again.


Gotta agree here, too. Mack Brown is a great recruiter. One of the best in the game even. He took UNC from 1-10 to top 5 in the nation right before he left. However, he is NOT a great game day coach. I was at UNC during his last year there so I saw half the games in person, and even though UNC had much better talent than a lot of teams we played, the games were way, way too close. His struggles are mainly on the offensive side, because his defense at UNC was dead on (#2 in the nation his last year if memory serves me correctly). The one BIG game we played against FSU that year we were absolutely manhandled. That's no one's fault but the coach's.

All that said, I was glad to see him finally win a big game last year. It was about time, I just wish he had done it at UNC.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 889
Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Faith, NC

Postby CC » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:37 pm

aldridg6in wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I agree with the "Mack Brown is a bad game day coach" comment. Not to take away from him, but anyone could be a great recruiter at Texas where they basically pick and choose the top players from the state and then make a run at a few out of state studs.

I didn't check their offense, but Texas' entire starting defense was from in-state.

Prior to last year, everyone thought Mack Brown was Lloyd Carr and couldn't win the big game. If you say differently you are lying, or you didn't know what you were talking about to begin with. If Texas loses to Oklahoma this year (not looking likely with how terribly OU is playing) some of those sentiments will start to rise again.


Gotta agree here, too. Mack Brown is a great recruiter. One of the best in the game even. He took UNC from 1-10 to top 5 in the nation right before he left. However, he is NOT a great game day coach. I was at UNC during his last year there so I saw half the games in person, and even though UNC had much better talent than a lot of teams we played, the games were way, way too close. His struggles are mainly on the offensive side, because his defense at UNC was dead on (#2 in the nation his last year if memory serves me correctly). The one BIG game we played against FSU that year we were absolutely manhandled. That's no one's fault but the coach's.

All that said, I was glad to see him finally win a big game last year. It was about time, I just wish he had done it at UNC.


Things are looking up in Chapel Hill, the Tar Heels are going to have a very good recruiting class coming in and Paulus to Jones should become a regular thing.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

PreviousNext

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:25 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact