frank Gore contender or pretender????? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

frank Gore contender or pretender?????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:06 pm

I like Gore this year. Yardage wise I think he will do well and will probably be around 1200-1300 yards which is only 75 to 81 yards a game. TDs are going to be hard to predict. He was a good goal line back in college so he has the skill set to do that but we all know about San Frans offense. I could see anywhere from 3-10 TDs which is a scary range to try and predict.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Crippler » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:08 pm

Gore is a little overvalue by most in my opinion. His surrounding cast is awful, and he's had a little injury trouble in the past. I'd feel ok with him as my #3RB, but I'd choose a few RBs before him who split carries.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:10 pm

Fireball Express wrote:I have Gore as my RB3.
Would you consider Hicks a mandatory handcuff or is the gap between the two so great that it's not worth it?

On a team with a solid offensive line, Hicks wouldn't be a bad handcuff because he's a pretty good backup and is capable of busting long runs every now and then...But then again, this is the 49ers and anyone they start probably isn't going to fare very well for the next few years.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:32 pm

Challie wrote:
moochman wrote:If Gore is your best option as a #2 then your season hinges on how well the revamped O-line and Gores legs will perform.

He could have a very solid year. He did finish real strong last season. He could stay healthy and be a stud this season. But so could Fred Taylor.

Even with a "could" hypothetical there, using the word "stud" just seemed funny to me.

If we start describing Gore as a "stud", then I need to find a new word for SA, LT & LJ. The word "stud" is getting about as devalued as "supermodel" these days.

Hey, hyperbole is the nectar of preseason! What I meant was a stud #2 RB. Not an elite level back. If his last five games were an indicator of future production there will be few #2 RBs that will exceed his numbers.

As for a handcuff, Fireball Express, I would sooner try Robinson than Hicks. He is up and coming and may have already taken over the back-up role with his strong running during the exhibition season.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Re: frank Gore contender or pretender?????

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:38 pm

GameDay_Zombies wrote:Gore has risen on most cheet sheets to a top 20 Rb and supposedly has lots of upside. Is this just overatted hype or could he be a consitant starter for fantasy teams this year? Norv Turner is the best thing going for Gore IMO but can his team help him enough?

Overrated hype. He's the type of starting RB that you will probably hesitate to start in your Flex spot because of a moderately good WR matchup. Decent RB#3.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:39 pm

Fireball Express wrote:I have Gore as my RB3.
Would you consider Hicks a mandatory handcuff or is the gap between the two so great that it's not worth it?

Not worth it. By the time you would need to replace Gore with another RB, it might be Michael Robinson and not Maurice Hicks that you would replace him with.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby stevekahuda » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:36 pm

From what I've been hearing, Robinson is most likely the number 2 even if it isn't on the depth chart yet.

/PSU fan trolling the 9er message boards
stevekahuda
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GameDay_Zombies » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:12 pm

Good info in this thread, thanks Cafe!
GameDay_Zombies
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 40)

Postby Fireball Express » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:13 am

Just so you guys know, I've had the Immigrant Song in my head all day b/c of this thread.
"How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of Gore"

"How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of Gore, Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your Overlords!" - Zep
Fireball Express
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby awwchrist » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:07 am

Fireball Express wrote:Just so you guys know, I've had the Immigrant Song in my head all day b/c of this thread.
"How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of Gore"

Classic. ;-D
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk