what do i do when commish takes advantage? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

what do i do when commish takes advantage?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GrubNasty » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:47 pm

im kinda shocked he had LJ and jordan.... and i agree with the others in that the trade isnt insanely bad... id have to see rosters
GrubNasty
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Matthias » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:49 pm

GrubNasty wrote:im kinda shocked he had LJ and jordan.... and i agree with the others in that the trade isnt insanely bad... id have to see rosters

Fairness of the trade completely irrelevant.

Veto of the trade by the league the only thing that matters.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Daddymike59 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:02 pm

Matthias wrote:
GrubNasty wrote:im kinda shocked he had LJ and jordan.... and i agree with the others in that the trade isnt insanely bad... id have to see rosters

Fairness of the trade completely irrelevant.

Veto of the trade by the league the only thing that matters.

I agree it doesn't matter whether the trade was fair or not. If it was vetoed by the league it should not be allowed. If he does not abide by the rules then you need to get out of that league.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:07 pm

That trade should have never been vetoed.

The commish should never have then passed it through.

But I would leave the league and find a new one for a couple reasons.

1) You should only veto a trade if collusion is involved, which it is not

2) You should only play in leagues where owners are capable and competent (which it does not appear to be b/c of 1, and b/c they weren't paying attention)
Last edited by Flux on Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kellys Heroes » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:07 pm

Matthias wrote:
Kellys Heroes wrote:first... he didn't use his commish powers to take advantage of you..

2nd.. you should of a made an offer to the guy for LT if you knew he was willing to part w/ him..

its up to the league to protect itself..

first... he DID use his commish powers to take advantage by passing through a trade which had already been vetoed.

second... this sounds like collusion so you should've apparently sent the guy who had LT $20 yourself.

third... the league DID try to protect itself and the commissioner circumvented it.

solutions?

1) email the league and declare shanigans. demand the commissioner give up the role to someone else.

2) collude with all the other team to make one super-team to beat up on the commish cheater.

3) quit the league, never to return.

"are commish made a trade in which he gets javon walker, cedric benson, and ladanian tomlinson in exchange he gives eddie kennison, frank gore, and lamont jordan. i play him first week and the trade was rejected by votes the first time but then when people weren't paying attention he got it to pass and hasn't said if he'll reverse it or not. just wondering what i should tell the commish and what i should do, any suggestions?"

He didn't use his commish powers.. He resent the trade out and no one veto it..
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flux » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:08 pm

Kellys Heroes wrote:
Matthias wrote:
Kellys Heroes wrote:first... he didn't use his commish powers to take advantage of you..

2nd.. you should of a made an offer to the guy for LT if you knew he was willing to part w/ him..

its up to the league to protect itself..

first... he DID use his commish powers to take advantage by passing through a trade which had already been vetoed.

second... this sounds like collusion so you should've apparently sent the guy who had LT $20 yourself.

third... the league DID try to protect itself and the commissioner circumvented it.

solutions?

1) email the league and declare shanigans. demand the commissioner give up the role to someone else.

2) collude with all the other team to make one super-team to beat up on the commish cheater.

3) quit the league, never to return.

"are commish made a trade in which he gets javon walker, cedric benson, and ladanian tomlinson in exchange he gives eddie kennison, frank gore, and lamont jordan. i play him first week and the trade was rejected by votes the first time but then when people weren't paying attention he got it to pass and hasn't said if he'll reverse it or not. just wondering what i should tell the commish and what i should do, any suggestions?"

He didn't use his commish powers.. He resent the trade out and no one veto it..

Uh....then thats your own fault ;-7
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GrubNasty » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:13 pm

true, i do agree the commish shouldnt have done it
however, i guess i was looking at it more from what options are left... i mean its the beginning of the season and its not as bad of a trade as it could have been... i feel that opposed to quitting on things so early, or playing collusion himself, he should maybe just play it out and see just how things happen and keep a sharp eye on the commish?
but theres no doubt the commish shouldnt of pulled a weekend slide in trade that was already rejected...
GrubNasty
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby wetbeaverlover » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:14 pm

as far as the not paying attention. i happened to be camping and fishing for 3 days over labor day weekend which is when the trade went through. i would bet a lot of other people were vacationing with their families as well for the weekend w/o internet access when the trade went through. if 6 out of 10 people want a trade to be reversed don't you think it should be?
If your parents weren't able to have children... chances are neither will you.
wetbeaverlover
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Daddymike59 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:24 pm

wetbeaverlover wrote:as far as the not paying attention. i happened to be camping and fishing for 3 days over labor day weekend which is when the trade went through. i would bet a lot of other people were vacationing with their families as well for the weekend w/o internet access when the trade went through. if 6 out of 10 people want a trade to be reversed don't you think it should be?

Yes. This trade should have never happened. If the majority voted against it it should have stood as rejected. I agree that it's not as bad a trade as I have seen before but that does not matter. Majority rules. Ask your commish to reconsider this blatent rule violation. It's not fair.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Matthias » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:26 pm

wetbeaverlover wrote:as far as the not paying attention. i happened to be camping and fishing for 3 days over labor day weekend which is when the trade went through. i would bet a lot of other people were vacationing with their families as well for the weekend w/o internet access when the trade went through. if 6 out of 10 people want a trade to be reversed don't you think it should be?

Absolutely. You should do well in fantasy sports because of what you know and what you forecast, not what you can get away with while everyone else is out of town.

And the role of the commish is to uphold standards, not to drive them as far down as he can. I really would demand that he give up being commish for the remainder of the season. Everything is about tone. And if he gets away with this, then the next escapade will be slightly more shady. And then the one after that worse. Let it be known up front that everything is going to be done on the up and up.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk