what do i do when commish takes advantage? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

what do i do when commish takes advantage?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm

Here's what I get from the situation.

#1 The trade got voted down the first time.

#2 The trade was proposed a second time and was not voted down.

#3 Quit your whining.

If you think something happened that shouldn't have happened, lobby to change the rules on trades.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigMusky » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:37 pm

wow...someone takes advantage of a Holiday weekend to push a trade through that would obviously be vetoed at any other time of year and you think people should quit whinning? The purpose of the commish is to stop crap like this, so if he is the one doing it then you are SOL and should just leave.

In a competitive money league I follow the rule of allowing all trades if no collusion is envolved...but if the league is a social group (work/friends) and someone is blatantly taking advantage of the new guy then I feel a veto is warranted to keep league balanced. But that is mainly because a social league is for fun.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Infidel » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:56 pm

Impeach Da Commish. He's way past shady. Elect a new Commish ASAP. Have him reverse the trade.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby wetbeaverlover » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:28 pm

the commish's team in a 10 teamers is now:
larry johnson, LT, mcnabb, javon walker, p burress, larry fitzgerald, rueben droughns, cedric benson, marion barber, deangelo williams, randy mcmichael, david akers, pittsburg's defense, curtis, duckett.
If your parents weren't able to have children... chances are neither will you.
wetbeaverlover
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FatFoot » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:19 pm

If it's the EXACT SAME TRADE owners may have thought they'd already vetoed the trade before... may not have realized this was a new trade.

How long was the turnaround time between the trade being proposed and it being processed?

I agree that it's not THAT unbalanced of a trade, but I'd argue that it DOES unbalance the league, and that is a perfectly viable reason to veto a trade, IMO.

I think it's shady to try the same exact trade after it was just vetoed.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby DGroundhog » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:32 pm

wetbeaverlover wrote:as far as the not paying attention. i happened to be camping and fishing for 3 days over labor day weekend which is when the trade went through. i would bet a lot of other people were vacationing with their families as well for the weekend w/o internet access when the trade went through. if 6 out of 10 people want a trade to be reversed don't you think it should be?

Nope, not if it went thru and you had all had a chance to veto it, regardless of if it was offerred a 2nd time.

I really don't care if you were camping or in the hospital. The trade is thru, and that should be the end of it.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FatFoot » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:28 am

I think most people are more reasonable than that. I wouldn't want to play in a league where the lowest common denomenator is "fantasy football hard @$$." Nor am I impressed by reading their drivel on the web.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Bowie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:44 am

Bottom line: No rules were broken. The trade never should have been rejected in the first place, and when it was, he simply took advantage (legally) of the rest of the league's laziness to right the initial wrong. Too bad for you. :~(

If you want to reject every trade that might benefit a team, you had better be more alert in the future.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Matthias » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:08 am

FatFoot wrote:I wouldn't want to play in a league where the lowest common denomenator is "fantasy football hard @$$."

Amen.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:44 pm

Matthias wrote:
FatFoot wrote:I wouldn't want to play in a league where the lowest common denomenator is "fantasy football hard @$$."

Amen.

I wouldn't want to be in a league where the my leaguemates are either too lazy or inattentive to get their opinions heard. Look, if the first trade was vetoed, then everyone in the league or at least enough people to make a difference KNEW BEFOREHAND the voting structure of the league. If you're gonna cry because you took a three day weekend and weren't able to monitor the league, then guess what, you f'ed up.

Personally, I think you are crying over the fact that your commish had a plan to make his roster stronger, and it worked out for him. Instead of standing there whining about how good the commish's team is, why not make your team better instead? If I saw my leaguemate trading LT for peanuts (or role players that he may have needed for him team) I would be on his ass constantly trying to get that trade for him. The commish is the guy who made it happen, you didn't voice your right to get it reversed, deal with it.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk