what do i do when commish takes advantage? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

what do i do when commish takes advantage?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:46 pm

Matthias wrote:
FatFoot wrote:I wouldn't want to play in a league where the lowest common denomenator is "fantasy football hard @$$."

Amen.

I wouldn't want to be in a league where the my leaguemates are either too lazy or inattentive to get their opinions heard. Look, if the first trade was vetoed, then everyone in the league or at least enough people to make a difference KNEW BEFOREHAND the voting structure of the league. If you're gonna cry because you took a three day weekend and weren't able to monitor the league, then guess what, you f'ed up.

Personally, I think you are crying over the fact that your commish had a plan to make his roster stronger, and it worked out for him. Instead of standing there whining about how good the commish's team is, why not make your team better instead? If I saw my leaguemate trading LT for peanuts (or role players that he may have needed for him team) I would be on his ass constantly trying to get that trade for him. The commish is the guy who made it happen, you didn't voice your opinion to get it reversed, deal with it.

Are you the same guy who wants to set your roster on Monday because you were out of town on Sunday midseason? Wants a trade reversed because your guy happens to gets injured the next day? Got hospitalized with brain cancer and can't access your teampage from your bed? Quit whining and play the game. This is fantasy football not tiddlywinks.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:59 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Matthias wrote:
FatFoot wrote:I wouldn't want to play in a league where the lowest common denomenator is "fantasy football hard @$$."

Amen.

I wouldn't want to be in a league where the my leaguemates are either too lazy or inattentive to get their opinions heard. Look, if the first trade was vetoed, then everyone in the league or at least enough people to make a difference KNEW BEFOREHAND the voting structure of the league. If you're gonna cry because you took a three day weekend and weren't able to monitor the league, then guess what, you f'ed up.

Personally, I think you are crying over the fact that your commish had a plan to make his roster stronger, and it worked out for him. Instead of standing there whining about how good the commish's team is, why not make your team better instead? If I saw my leaguemate trading LT for peanuts (or role players that he may have needed for him team) I would be on his ass constantly trying to get that trade for him. The commish is the guy who made it happen, you didn't voice your opinion to get it reversed, deal with it.

Are you the same guy who wants to set your roster on Monday because you were out of town on Sunday midseason? Wants a trade reversed because your guy happens to gets injured the next day? Got hospitalized with brain cancer and can't access your teampage from your bed? Quit whining and play the game. This is fantasy football not tiddlywinks.

Cool down, big fella. No need to burst a capillary.

You do know that neither of us are in this league and are just expressing an opinion? So whether or not you personally believe that me? Fatfoot? are crying over the fact that a trade worked out for an unscrupulous owner, you are personally wrong.

Apparently you think that hijinx is all that's great about fantasy football. Honestly, I thought that some people here were above that. Because I could give a rat turd about some crappy WR down in New Orleans who got drafted as a tight end but is now being put into the WR2 slot. You know what drafting that as a Tight End shows me that you know about football? Zero. All it shows is that you obsess about these things and know about the Yahoo glitches as much as I do. And you know what pushing through a trade over a weekend holiday that just got voted down shows me? It shows me that you don't give a damn about how you win so long as you can point to the standings at the year. Big whoop. Here. I'll give you my money and print you out a certificate at the beginning of the year and save us all some wasted time.

You know what does impress me? When someone watches a player in pre-season or college or last season and says, "Hm. You know what... I think that kid has the skills" and then precedes to make them a priority in their draft or trading negotiations the next year. Because you know what? THAT is what I think of when I think, "fantasy skill."

So if you guys all want to load up onto the Happy We Don't Give a Crap About How You Play As Long As You Don't Violate The Exact Text of A Pre-Set Rule Barge... go ahead. Just stay out of my leagues. Because that's not football. And that's not class. And that's all I have to say about that.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bowie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:13 pm

Matthias wrote:Cool down, big fella. No need to burst a capillary.

You do know that neither of us are in this league and are just expressing an opinion? So whether or not you personally believe that me? Fatfoot? are crying over the fact that a trade worked out for an unscrupulous owner, you are personally wrong.

Apparently you think that hijinx is all that's great about fantasy football. Honestly, I thought that some people here were above that. Because I could give a rat turd about some crappy WR down in New Orleans who got drafted as a tight end but is now being put into the WR2 slot. You know what drafting that as a Tight End shows me that you know about football? Zero. All it shows is that you obsess about these things and know about the Yahoo glitches as much as I do. And you know what pushing through a trade over a weekend holiday that just got voted down shows me? It shows me that you don't give a damn about how you win so long as you can point to the standings at the year. Big whoop. Here. I'll give you my money and print you out a certificate at the beginning of the year and save us all some wasted time.

You know what does impress me? When someone watches a player in pre-season or college or last season and says, "Hm. You know what... I think that kid has the skills" and then precedes to make them a priority in their draft or trading negotiations the next year. Because you know what? THAT is what I think of when I think, "fantasy skill."

So if you guys all want to load up onto the Happy We Don't Give a Crap About How You Play As Long As You Don't Violate The Exact Text of A Pre-Set Rule Barge... go ahead. Just stay out of my leagues. Because that's not football. And that's not class. And that's all I have to say about that.

Cool down, big fella. No need to burst a capillary.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WannabeGuru » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:12 pm

There is a difference between unfair trade, and stupid trade. If you feel that the owner who traded LT away, did so to stack the commish's team then you should voice your objections. If on the other hand LT was traded because the owner was stupid you have to legs to stand on. It sounds to me like you are pissed that the commish has a stacked team, not how he got his team. If he was able to talk an idiot into trading LT for peanuts good for him.
WannabeGuru
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk