BRETT FARVE IS THE WORST STARTING QB IN THE LEAUGE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

BRETT FARVE IS THE WORST STARTING QB IN THE LEAUGE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:58 am

Frankly I couldn't give a crap about mechanics no matter if he has them or not. In my books Favre still hasn't sunken as low as some of the other trash that are called starters in the nfl. Maybe all you Favre haters should watch a Jets Game or a Chicago game before you all start saying Favre is the worst.
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pvt1863 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:06 am

I agree with some of the other posters in this thread. While Favre is defenitely not the best anymore, be is still very far from being the worst. He's been dealt a bad hand in each of the last years. GB has made some bad management decisions and left Favre with far less protection than he should have.

Then came last year. I think God became a Bears fan last season, because the GB offense was smitten one player at a time.

Now, if we are talking fantasy quarterbacks, then I would be more inclined to believe the OP. I'd take someone like Kitna over Favre in a heartbeat. With the current GB offense, Favre is a turnover machine.
pvt1863
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FatFoot » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:22 am

I FREAKIN' HATE Favre, but I will give you a PERMANENT PAPER BAG challenge on this one. If you accept, at the end of the year, you paperbag your avatar for eternity and beyond when you lose and Brett doesn't have the worst numbers of all starting QBs. How bout it?
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:36 am

yeah, favres recent play can attributed alot to his O Line and having injured RBs. Its put him in situations where he has made bad decisions while tyring to make something happen.

You put favre on a team like cincy or pittsburg, and he is a probowler.

And you put just about any QB in the league behind that GB O Line, and they would do just as bad.

I think all the favre hate is just people whose teams got burned by him over the years are now happy to see that things have settled down in GB.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby macman8494 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:49 am

if farve took over the nengals they would suck, they would go strait back to being the worst team in footballl. chad johnson and marvin lewis would both commit suicide.

in fact the farve led bengals would look worse than the bengals did after palmer got hurt vs the steelers in the playoffs last year with kitna. id take kitna every day of the week over farve and 10x on SUNDAY
macman8494
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:14 am

macman8494 wrote:if farve took over the nengals they would suck, they would go strait back to being the worst team in footballl. chad johnson and marvin lewis would both commit suicide.

in fact the farve led bengals would look worse than the bengals did after palmer got hurt vs the steelers in the playoffs last year with kitna. id take kitna every day of the week over farve and 10x on SUNDAY

If that is true, then I would like to invite you to play in every one of my fantasy leagues next year. We could use a sucker

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:39 am

is there some sort of hidden connection between Favre-bashing and poor typing? :-?
AcidRock23
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattb47 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:37 am

vickfan07 wrote:i agree because favre has no macanics nemore. he is consistently throwing off his back foot. he throws the ball like he is playing flag football with a bunch of retired players.his feete are worse than j p losman

He has ALWAYS thrown off his back foot, it has always been a criticism of Favre but he is really the only QB I've ever seen who has been effectivce doing it. If you're using that as evidence that he's getting worse then it's a terrible argument....

macman8494 wrote:if farve took over the nengals they would suck, they would go strait back to being the worst team in footballl. chad johnson and marvin lewis would both commit suicide.

This is probably the reason you're not a head coach....and they are. Favre is certainly not an elite NFL QB anymore, but there are many many starting QBs worse than Favre. I would take Favre over all these QBs (talking as an actual QB if I was an NFL owner, not necessarily fantasy wise):

Brooks, B. Johnson, JP Losman, C. Pennington, Simms, Volek/Collins, Alex Smith, Bledsoe, Grossman, Frye. Those are just off the top of my head.

AcidRock23 wrote:is there some sort of hidden connection between Favre-bashing and poor typing? :-?

It may be moreso the connection between being a Bengals fan.....

:-b :-b

(disclaimer: I don't dislike all Bengals fans, just the ignorant ones..... :-b )
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:48 am

Flame on ;-D
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:35 am

I, too, think Our Lady of Brett Favre should have retired a couple seasons ago. I hate what he has become. But I cannot let my bias blind me to the fact that I would much rather have him on the Lions than Kitna.

After watching Fire Millen's version of QBing I have a new found appreciation for knowing that if a receiver should find himself open the QB can deliver him the ball. There are more QBs that are lesser talents than Favre in the league today than one would think just by looking at the stats. Stats blur reality.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk