BRETT FARVE IS THE WORST STARTING QB IN THE LEAUGE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

BRETT FARVE IS THE WORST STARTING QB IN THE LEAUGE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:42 pm

If Favre got back to getting the ball to Green, Franks, and Henderson when in trouble (or on designed plays), instead of rocketing the fastballs to his WRs in the middle of the field, I think he would be a lot better. Circumstances can go a long way in determining how good Favre will be this year.

If the run game falters, the Pack fall behind early, and Brett feels like he needs a 50 yard TD pass to win, I agree Favre is one of if not the worst QB that could lead your team. On the other side of the coin, if you are down 10 in a big game and you want a chance to win, Favre is one of the best QBs in the NFL. It's a double edged sword.

A gunslinging QB with no bonafide #1 WR doesn't lead to good outcomes. But a gunslinging QB with a rocket arm gives you a small glimmer of hope at the end of a game that looks to be lost.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:36 pm

mattb47 wrote:
vickfan07 wrote:i agree because favre has no macanics nemore. he is consistently throwing off his back foot. he throws the ball like he is playing flag football with a bunch of retired players.his feete are worse than j p losman

He has ALWAYS thrown off his back foot, it has always been a criticism of Favre but he is really the only QB I've ever seen who has been effectivce doing it. If you're using that as evidence that he's getting worse then it's a terrible argument....

macman8494 wrote:if farve took over the nengals they would suck, they would go strait back to being the worst team in footballl. chad johnson and marvin lewis would both commit suicide.

in fact the farve led bengals would look worse than the bengals did after palmer got hurt vs the steelers in the playoffs last year with kitna. id take kitna every day of the week over farve and 10x on SUNDAY

This is probably the reason you're not a head coach....and they are. Favre is certainly not an elite NFL QB anymore, but there are many many starting QBs worse than Favre. I would take Favre over all these QBs (talking as an actual QB if I was an NFL owner, not necessarily fantasy wise):

Brooks, B. Johnson, JP Losman, C. Pennington, Simms, Volek/Collins, Alex Smith, Bledsoe, Grossman, Frye. Those are just off the top of my head.

AcidRock23 wrote:is there some sort of hidden connection between Favre-bashing and poor typing? :-?

It may be moreso the connection between being a Bengals fan.....

:-b :-b

(disclaimer: I don't dislike all Bengals fans, just the ignorant ones..... :-b )
don't stop there!

you've forgotten the likes of warner, brunell, and if they weren't so young vick and vince young would be on this list, even though hes not a starter yet, and lets see, trent green, yes trent green, no question Id rather have favre.

anwyays, I was just addin' to your list.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby macman8494 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:47 pm

Excuse me all you favre lovers this thread is for favre and packer HATERS not lovers so make your own thread and beat it
macman8494
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby macman8494 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:54 pm

and who ever it was that said they wanted me in thier fantasy league cause they need a suck...pm me with the info and we will see who the sucker is. and my yahoo id is macman8494 if you want to check out my trophy case. if green bay had drafted the replacement for favre 4 years ago this team would not be in such a mess
macman8494
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Guru13 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:15 pm

macman8494 wrote:and who ever it was that said they wanted me in thier fantasy league cause they need a suck...pm me with the info and we will see who the sucker is. and my yahoo id is macman8494 if you want to check out my trophy case. if green bay had drafted the replacement for favre 4 years ago this team would not be in such a mess
im not the guy, but LETS GO!

pm sent.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:32 pm

I'm not a big fan of Favre ;-D
AcidRock23
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:35 pm

macman8494 wrote:and who ever it was that said they wanted me in thier fantasy league cause they need a suck...pm me with the info and we will see who the sucker is. and my yahoo id is macman8494 if you want to check out my trophy case. if green bay had drafted the replacement for favre 4 years ago this team would not be in such a mess

He didnt just bust out the yahoo trophy case did he? NO HE DIDNT! :-b
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:58 pm

Can we stop feeding the trolls?
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moonhead » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:57 pm

maddog60 wrote:Can we stop feeding the trolls?

moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Kilroy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:17 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:

He didnt just bust out the yahoo trophy case did he? NO HE DIDNT! :-b

yep, he did. :-b

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk