BRETT FARVE IS THE WORST STARTING QB IN THE LEAUGE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

BRETT FARVE IS THE WORST STARTING QB IN THE LEAUGE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guru13 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:25 pm

me and macman or whatever this bozos name is are now in a league together, whos team is better?

btw I accidentaly drafted ducket, meant to click on deangelo williams, but clicked the wrong one...doh!

my team:

delhomme
roy williams
mason
LT
FWP
Ben Watson
droughns (flex)
kaeding
Tampa Bay

bench:
Foster
duckett (woops)
de williams
driver
kennison
bledsoe

his team:
peyton
randy moss
wayne
sjax
mcgahee
chester taylor (flex)
v. davis
wilkins
philedelphia

Bench:
andre johnson
frank gore
houshmandzadeh
t. jones
lundy
c. brown

who has the upper hand?
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby EagleFan68 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:52 pm

As long as Vick is starting, no player has to worry about being the worst QB in the league
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:57 pm

EagleFan68 wrote:As long as Vick is starting, no player has to worry about being the worst QB in the league

Vick gets no love :,-(
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Warhawk » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:14 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:I think it's funny that you'd take those QBs over Favre. Have you seen Brooks play, or even JP Losman? :-?

Even funnier is 'even Jake Plummer'.

Now Jake Plummer isn't great, but the implication there is that Plummer is thus the second worst starting QB in the league. Plus Bledsoe is on that list too.

So I say to that...

HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:07 am

Warhawk wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:I think it's funny that you'd take those QBs over Favre. Have you seen Brooks play, or even JP Losman? :-?

Even funnier is 'even Jake Plummer'.

Now Jake Plummer isn't great, but the implication there is that Plummer is thus the second worst starting QB in the league. Plus Bledsoe is on that list too.

So I say to that...

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Reading Comprehension, for the win.

He's talking about JP Losman, if you would have read a bit further than "JP" you'd know that.

I tried looking through the rest of the thread and nobody here is saying Jake Plummer is the 2nd worst QB in the league.
Pokeyouindaeye
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Teck » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:13 am

Why don't you go dig up an old Favre bashing thread . We get it, a lot of people hate brett, cool. I hate a lot of things in football, but do I go and make a post about every one of them? " OMG THE JETZ R THE WOORST TEAM IN FOOOTBALL BECUZ THEY USE RBBC!!!~~!~11!"

Mod edit.
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Popcynical » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:35 am

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:Reading Comprehension, for the win.

He's talking about JP Losman, if you would have read a bit further than "JP" you'd know that.

I tried looking through the rest of the thread and nobody here is saying Jake Plummer is the 2nd worst QB in the league.

macman8494 wrote:id take charlie frye, a brooks, jon kitna, jp losm and drew bledsoe and even jake plummer over him....

I think he's saying it's funny that Jake Plummer, a consensus top 15 QB, is being lumped together with Losman and Brooks.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:11 am

Some people have a remarkable ability to allow their emotional disfavor of a player to cloud logical thinking...

1. I don't know if you were talking fantasy or just football in general. Fantasy wise, even in leagues that subtract for INTs, Favre was a top 10 QB last year (for the season...just outside the top 10 for per game stats - remember he always starts 16 games which is something few other QBs will give you)

2. As an NFL player, he simply plays for the worst team in the league. His good days was to make things happen and let good players make good plays. Now he doesn't have any good players on his team, so bad things usually happen. He hasn't changed - only the team doesn't make the plays those 90's teams made for him.

3. He still has one of the strongest arms in football. It is not his physical skills that are diminishing. It is his decision making that has really sucked the last couple years, and I blame that on coaching more than on Favre.

4. Do you realize that without Favre, the Packers may have gone 1-15 last year? Aside from the New Orleans game, every victory came on Favre's arm. He has to try to win every single game virtually on his own - his defense sucks. He's not like Orton where he can throw for 80 yards and still win the game. He's got to put up 3 or 4 TDs just to have a chance.

So if you want to say the Packers suck, I'll agree whole-heartedly. I mean, look at this team. They have the most cap room in the league and they couldn't resign their kicker? They hired the offensive coordinator for San Francisco - an offense ranked 32nd in every meaningful offensive category - as their head coach? But to say Favre is the problem, either for the Packers or for your fantasy team, I beg to differ.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:36 am

Popcynical wrote:
Pokeyouindaeye wrote:Reading Comprehension, for the win.

macman8494 wrote:id take charlie frye, a brooks, jon kitna, jp losm and drew bledsoe and even jake plummer over him....

I think he's saying it's funny that Jake Plummer, a consensus top 15 QB, is being lumped together with Losman and Brooks.

I see, my bad.

edit: Man, now I see how badly I read that out of context, gotta stop posting late. Foot meet mouth.
Pokeyouindaeye
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:02 am

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)

Previous

Return to Football Talk