Predictions for NE Receivers? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Predictions for NE Receivers?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:59 pm

new england WRS = :-P
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:04 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:new england WRS = :-P

It's always been that way, and they always seem to work. It's like the Denver RB situation.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Humpback » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:00 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:new england WRS = :-P

It's always been that way, and they always seem to work. It's like the Denver RB situation.

It may always seem to work in "real life", but not fantasy. NE WR's are rarely top fantasy WR's. I do expect Watson to be a top 10 (maybe even top 5) TE this year.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby houstonherdfan » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:10 pm

The NE offense spreads the ball around too much. I don't think anyone there gets better than 800 yards or so. If branch were to come back before week 3 then he mighr have a chance at better than 900. I look for Watson to lead the team in TD's like someone else said.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:49 pm

The last time a New England WR was worth anything in fantasy football was when?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby PurpleHaze » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:12 pm

Ben Watson will lead all New England WR/TE's...

Brady throws to so many different players...
Hard to say who will do what really!
Sig courtesy of chargersfan36!
PurpleHaze
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Big Game JLo » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:34 pm

PurpleHaze might be on to something

BEN WATSON

Sep 6 Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports New England Patriots QB Tom Brady believes he and TE Benjamin Watson will likely be able to build solid chemistry in the absence of WR Deion Branch (holdout). "Ben probably gets more opportunity than anyone else," Brady said. "He's really a focal point of the passing game, because of the way he's stepped up his level of play the last season. Ben and I have definitely grown a lot this past year. He's taking great strides. I'm excited to see the kind of year he could have. He could be a real dominant player."

------------------------

10 Team Head-to-Head League:
QB: Drew Bledsoe & Trent Green
WR: Chris Chambers, Plaxico Burress, Matt Jones, Laveranues Coles & Eddie Kennison
RB: Tiki Barber, LaMont Jordan, Chester Taylor & Wali Lundy
Flex: Kevin Jones
TE: Ben Watson
K: David Akers
DEF: Jacksonville
Big Game JLo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Big Game JLo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:54 am

And yet another article:

COACHBOX

9/7 - TE Watson eyes go-to role
While there are few positives for the Patriots with the continued holdout of receiver Deion Branch, one of them might be the development of third-year tight end Benjamin Watson.

"I think Ben, with a guy like Deion not being here, he probably gets more opportunity than anyone else," said quarterback Tom Brady. "He's a focal point of the passing game because of the way he's really stepped his level of play up over the last season. Ben and I have grown a lot this past year."

The 6-foot-3-inch, 255-pound Watson totaled 13 receptions for 181 yards and one touchdown over the exhibition season. He was most productive in the team's third preseason game against the Redskins, when the Patriots worked on their spread offense, a personnel package in which Watson is an integral member as a pass-catcher. Watson had eight grabs for 97 yards and a touchdown, flashing the potential that continues to catch Brady's eye.

"He's taking great strides; I'm excited to see the year he could have," Brady said. "He could be a really dominant player. It's not like he's going to be our third or fourth option, and at times he was last year. He's really a guy you're always looking for."

Brady said his rapport with Watson is now close to a level that he's achieved with Branch, receiver Troy Brown, and former Patriot David Givens.

"For a quarterback, when you look at a guy you want confidence that he can get open," Brady said. "I have that in certain guys. A lot of times it's hard to scan three receivers in one-on-one matchups, so a lot of times you pick the one guy you think has the best chance to get open and if he gets open he gets the ball. That was how it was with Troy, Deion, Givens, and hopefully now with Ben."

Watson is starting to look more and more like a HUGE option at the TE position!

------------------------------

10 Team Head-to-Head League:
QB: Drew Bledsoe & Trent Green
WR: Chris Chambers, Plaxico Burress, Matt Jones, Laveranues Coles & Eddie Kennison
RB: Tiki Barber, LaMont Jordan, Chester Taylor & Wali Lundy
Flex: Kevin Jones
TE: Ben Watson
K: David Akers
DEF: Jacksonville
Big Game JLo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk