2006 Sweet Sixteen Player Edition!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

2006 Sweet Sixteen Player Edition!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

2006 Sweet Sixteen Player Edition!!!

Postby danleroi22 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:34 am

We had this last year... and I rather enjoyed it a lot!!! (Of course... I did do pretty well...)

I was wondering if we could do it year round instead of just in the playoffs. (I would be more than willing to run it.)

Each player would pick players each week up to how many picks they have left (like Sweet Sixteen) and if their player doesn't score they would lose that pick. Each player starts with 16 picks in week one, and a bye week is alloted like the other game.

Once a cafe player has pciked a certain football player, they can't pick that player for the rest of the year.

What d'ya think sirs?
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:42 am

I actually didn't really do this last year in the playoffs but I remember it.

Who exactly can you pick? Any QB/RB/WR/TE? Are the scoring rules like blackjack, the player has to actually get into the end zone for it to count as a score?

I'd be interested.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby danleroi22 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:47 am

SniperShot wrote:I actually didn't really do this last year in the playoffs but I remember it.

Who exactly can you pick? Any QB/RB/WR/TE? Are the scoring rules like blackjack, the player has to actually get into the end zone for it to count as a score?

I'd be interested.

Yes... the player would have to get into the endzone himself.

You could pick QB/WR/TE/RB/FB or anybody you think will score a touchdown during the week.

I really enjoyed it last year... thus my suggestion of us making it played more often than just the playoffs... I'd love to see it played the entire season.

danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:43 am

Glad you liked it last year! :-b However...

I do think it would be a bit like celebrating Xmas twice. I mean now you have something to look forward to. Come January, you're not just sad that the football season is coming to an end, you're also happy because it's Player Pickoff time :-B (that's the new name of the game - dang, now I let the cat out of the bag :-/ ).

(The other issue is that this is a game where all the scoring needs to be done manually. Doing it over the entire season would be a TON of work.)

Not sure if the forum is already saturated with games (heard some complaints that we already have too many ;) ) but when I have the time next year and there is demand I'd rather come up with a brand new game! :-)
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:34 am

Toss in the 2 day notice, and there just wasn't any way this was going to happen. ;-)

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:30 am

Haha we will just need to find somebody between now and next year who has 6 hours every Monday to sort through every player who scored and who had picked him out of the 10 pages+ of picks if we had that many participants.

No thanks.

Now I know why it's only played during the playoffs. :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:50 am

SniperShot wrote:Haha we will just need to find somebody between now and next year who has 6 hours every Monday to sort through every player who scored and who had picked him out of the 10 pages+ of picks if we had that many participants.

No thanks.

Boy, that makes you feel sorry for the guy that scored it last year doesn't it? :-b

Just kidding.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby danleroi22 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:59 am

Understandable...

Maybe next year?

danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Postby menyak » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:42 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Haha we will just need to find somebody between now and next year who has 6 hours every Monday to sort through every player who scored and who had picked him out of the 10 pages+ of picks if we had that many participants.

No thanks.

Boy, that makes you feel sorry for the guy that scored it last year doesn't it? :-b

Just kidding.

No worries - seems like you can pass the torch this year. }:-) :-D
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby danleroi22 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:38 am

menyak wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:

No thanks.

Just kidding.

No worries - seems like you can pass the torch this year. }:-) :-D

I'd be more than willing to run this during the playoffs... ;-D

danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Cafe Games Talk