Will Reggie Bush return kicks? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Reggie Bush return kicks?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:07 am

stomperrob wrote:Joe Thiesman was a return man as a rookie because he didn't want to sit on the bench - look what happened to him from too many shots to the head!!! :-B

He got a nice cushy job attempting to talk about football on ESPN...:-?

I don't know what to make of this...I wouldn't want to get the guy hurt on kickoffs or punts. I mean really; how often do people take KO's and punts for TD's? The percentages are not in his favor to score more than maybe 3% of the time he touches the ball on special teams.

Some lower string player can essentially do the same thing he would try to do - make one cut, and go up field...unless you're Dante Hall...he can get away with the other stuff. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby davidmarver » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:29 am

Well, the more Bush gets the football the more the Saints will win in '06. As someone who probably won't get more than 10-15 offensive touches a game due to McCallister's presence, I think you have to find other ways to get Bush the football. For someone who had four college scores on kickoffs and punts, I think that's the most logistical way of getting him the football.

I just think that giving Bush the football in a wide-open situation like a kickoff is too rewarding to pass up.
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:16 pm

I don't get why they wouldn't. This is like saying he's too valuable to lose, so he shouldn't get any handoffs as a RB. What's the point of drafting the guy if you don't want to use him because you're afraid of getting him hurt? If he can help your team with kickoffs and punts by giving them better field position, or even scoring then he should be out there.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby boojumsnark25 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:25 pm

Well Mikus, he's 2nd team punt returner and not listed as a KR at all on their depth chart that was updated in the last day or so, so I'd say he isn't going to be returning...
boojumsnark25
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mikus » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:44 pm

boojumsnark25 wrote:Well Mikus, he's 2nd team punt returner and not listed as a KR at all on their depth chart that was updated in the last day or so, so I'd say he isn't going to be returning...

Who is No. 1? Bethel Johnson got cut, and Michael Lewis is on the PUP list (I think).
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby boojumsnark25 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:48 pm

Terrence Copper, then Aaron Stecker, then Jamal Jones.

Punts are Lance Moore and then Reggie Bush.
boojumsnark25
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mikus » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:09 pm

boojumsnark25 wrote:Terrence Copper, then Aaron Stecker, then Jamal Jones.

Punts are Lance Moore and then Reggie Bush.

Wow, we just signed Copper.

Touche.

But ... I think you still will see Reggie back there occasionally.
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:36 pm

We'll have to have Coach Payton arbitrate for this difference of opinion. In other words, wait and see.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mikus » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:29 pm

All I am saying is why would the Saints put Bush back there during the preseason if they did not plan on using him on special teams during the regular season? Seems more risky to throw the guy back there during preseason, when the games do not matter, than to let him do it when it counts. To me, they were preparing him to be Mr. Everything.
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pokeyjoe » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:23 pm

mikus wrote:All I am saying is why would the Saints put Bush back there during the preseason if they did not plan on using him on special teams during the regular season? Seems more risky to throw the guy back there during preseason, when the games do not matter, than to let him do it when it counts. To me, they were preparing him to be Mr. Everything.

That's a good point, I had no idea he returned during the preseason. I only watched 2 games though.
pokeyjoe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk