PBC Week 1: Chicago @ Green Bay - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

PBC Week 1: Chicago @ Green Bay

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Teck » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:34 pm

I dont get where you guys get this feeling that you have offensive power in chicago. The only reason you might score a td is because of thomas jones, who you probably wont end up even starting 3 weeks into the season. Your WR's are worthless because oh yeah, YOU DONT HAVE A QB. The only td you will score is because of a fumble by ahman, where at that point he'll be pulled out and samkon will be running. Good luck bears. :-t
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FBBVirgin » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:56 pm

The Bears won the division last year with KYLE ORTON...wait, let me repeat that...KYLE ORTON at quarterback. That's like having Brett Farve's mom at the helm...worthless. They have an average QB right now, so they will only get better. They've IMPROVED the defense (cannot believe I can say that seeing how good they were last year). What have the packers done? Let's see, gotten rid of about 82% of the talent on the team.

Brett Farve WILL have worst numbers than last year and will retire after a terrible year. Reminds me of a chicago icon that didn't know when to call it quits. hmmm

Anyway, bears 17 (fudge)packers 7
FBBVirgin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:10 pm

yeah, but one thing that orton did that grossmen wont be able to do is keep the offense on the field. Orton might not have put up points, but he also didnt turn the ball over. If the bears come out and run 75% of the time, your right, they probably win.

But they wont. they like grossmen, so they will try to pass more than they did last year. This will cause turnovers, cause everyone knows grossman will turn the ball over much more than orton did.

I say Green Bay wins 27-10.

Favre goes 18-26, 275 yards, 2 TDs, 1 int.
Green rushes for 85 yards and a TD.

I think bears fans are so down on favre because they had to spend the last 15 years watching him rip the bears to peices, and now after ONE season where they beat the pack twice, they now fell they can rip on favre and not have it come back to bite them in the ass.

I remember a few years ago when the bears went 13-3 (2 losses to GB that year). What did the bears do the next year? after that year everyone was saying what a dominant team they had, defense that could rival the 85 bears, and what not. Who can say that isnt the situation again. I dont see chicago being any better than 9-7 this year, and thats even a stretch.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FBBVirgin » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:33 pm

What leads you to believe that the defense won't AT LEAST be as good as they were last year?

As for your predictions there...

Farve ONLY throwing 26 passes is a joke. He chucks it up more than a college girl during rush week.

Also, Farve throwing that well against the bears d is making me chuckle. 1 interception? Maybe if you are simply talking about the first 3 minutes of the game.

I see it like this

Farvra- 17-32 for 230 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT
Green- 55 yards
Gado- 35 yards

Bears 17-7
FBBVirgin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FatFoot » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:43 pm

Teck wrote:I dont get where you guys get this feeling that you have offensive power in chicago. The only reason you might score a td is because of thomas jones, who you probably wont end up even starting 3 weeks into the season. Your WR's are worthless because oh yeah, YOU DONT HAVE A QB. The only td you will score is because of a fumble by ahman, where at that point he'll be pulled out and samkon will be running. Good luck bears. :-t

ROFL! The Bears WR situation sucks... but GB's is just as bad! When your entire offense is based on your QB, you're going to need those WRs a lot more than we will. Too bad you let Javon go.

We didn't have a QB last year either and we were better than GB. This year, we DO have a QB. We just need you to break our starter in order to see him.

Now I know what the trash-talk response is, after you guys lose. "We decided not to hurt Grossman, because we figure the year will go better for you guys with Griese... so we stuck you with Grossman!" :) It's just too bad that all we're going to hear from you guys is going to be muffled mumblings through the paper bag. :)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:31 pm

FatFoot wrote:
Teck wrote:I dont get where you guys get this feeling that you have offensive power in chicago. The only reason you might score a td is because of thomas jones, who you probably wont end up even starting 3 weeks into the season. Your WR's are worthless because oh yeah, YOU DONT HAVE A QB. The only td you will score is because of a fumble by ahman, where at that point he'll be pulled out and samkon will be running. Good luck bears. :-t

ROFL! The Bears WR situation sucks... but GB's is just as bad! When your entire offense is based on your QB, you're going to need those WRs a lot more than we will. Too bad you let Javon go.

We didn't have a QB last year either and we were better than GB. This year, we DO have a QB. We just need you to break our starter in order to see him.

Now I know what the trash-talk response is, after you guys lose. "We decided not to hurt Grossman, because we figure the year will go better for you guys with Griese... so we stuck you with Grossman!" :) It's just too bad that all we're going to hear from you guys is going to be muffled mumblings through the paper bag. :)

that argument about the QB thing makes no sense whatsoever. a good QB lessens the need for good wide receivers. Tom Brady has never had a top notch wide receiver, and look at what he's done? Donovan McNabb is the same way. last i heard, the better QB, the worse his receivers can be afford to be.

GB's is just as bad? :-? so youre saying that Muhsin Muhammad, an old wide receiver past his prime and, uh, who's chicago's #2 again? is better than Donald Driver, who has caught for over 1200 yards in 3 of his last 4 season and over 80 receptions in the last 2, one of which was with Walker still there, along with Greg Jennings and Robert Ferguson at #2 and #3?

you have a QB this year? oh you mean Brian Griese? he's on the bench last i heard. Grossman has done nothing to make me feel he is capable of doing well. i would expect an average year at best from him.

im not trying to put down the bears or anything b/c i think they will be a good team this year, but if youre going to put down other teams and talk about how yours is better, you should come up with better arguments.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby FatFoot » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:17 pm

No, that'd be his last 2 seasons. The year before was under 700 in 15 games, and before that only a little over 1000. But I will grant you that he's good. 2 good years in a row, along with a bunch of mediocre years. So there's 1 good WR on Green Bay. That's it. That's NOT a whole lot different than the Bears. We have seen Driver as Green Bay's #1 WR last year, and it came out to 5 TDs in 16 games. So you're talking about a QB that takes too many chances, and causes too many turnovers, with one wide out, vs a team that has one decent WR but a team which doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

We have yet to see how Mushin will play with an actual QB on the Bears. We haven't even really seen him play with Grossman, for that matter. The bottom line is that however you want to slice it, the passing game is better than last year, and the run was already better than Green Bay's. Defense? let's not even start that one. Green Bay is NOT significantly better in any aspect, than it was last year,

Favre's a folk hero. But I don't see 29 interceptions last year as an argument that he REDUCES the need for good WRs. Not in the LEAST.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby sportsguy138 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:47 pm

Don't mean to interupt this, but I'll go for the bears if anyone takes the packers. ;-D
sportsguy138
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatFoot » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:51 pm

Nothing to interrupt. I'm sure Steelerfan513 and I are taking this about equally seriously, which is to say... meh. :)

GO BEAR.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:56 pm

evilsaint wrote:The Vikings SUCK! =D

That's pretty much sums it up.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting