PBC Week 1: Chicago @ Green Bay - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

PBC Week 1: Chicago @ Green Bay

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:24 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
evilsaint wrote:The Vikings SUCK! =D

That's pretty much sums it up.

I am a very odd fan in that I like both the Bears and the Packers. We can all agree the Vikings suck though, it's something that brings us all together.

BTW I am rooting for the Bears on Sunday since they actually have a chance of a good season. I could see GB winning though - Favre is always capable of a big game and the Bears secondary can be victimized. The Bears offense is probably not as good as they think they are and if forced to throw will be in trouble. All in all the Bears are stronger though and should pull off a win.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:10 pm

FatFoot wrote:We have yet to see how Mushin will play with an actual QB on the Bears. We haven't even really seen him play with Grossman, for that matter. The bottom line is that however you want to slice it, the passing game is better than last year, and the run was already better than Green Bay's. Defense? let's not even start that one. Green Bay is NOT significantly better in any aspect, than it was last year

I think your jumping the gun on calling grossman an "actual" QB. He has proved nothing other than the fact that he gets hurt alot. He is just another chad pennington. Always going to be called the starter, because of the potential, but will always be hurt.

As a packer fan, I am actually hoping that he does stay healthy this year, since i think greise is the better QB, and having grossman as the starter hurts the bears in that sense.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:03 pm

J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:I think bears fans are so down on favre because they had to spend the last 15 years watching him rip the bears to peices, and now after ONE season where they beat the pack twice, they now fell they can rip on favre and not have it come back to bite them in the ass.

J_rob_the_Baller wrote:I think your jumping the gun on calling grossman an "actual" QB. He has proved nothing other than the fact that he gets hurt alot. He is just another chad pennington. Always going to be called the starter, because of the potential, but will always be hurt.

both of those are very well put. im very surprised that bears fans think they can brag about their offense, especially Rex Grossman, who youre treating as the savior of the offense. lets look at his career stats over 3 seasons, shall we?

Comp: 105
Att: 195
Yds: 1303
Comp%: 53.8
TD: 4
INT: 6
Average games played in seasons where he was going to be the year-long starter: 3
Games played in career: 9
Broken Ankles: 1
Season-ending knee injuries: 1

i dont know about you, but i wouldnt call someone like that someone who can take an offense from one of the worst in the league to even an average offense.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby moonhead » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:13 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:I think bears fans are so down on favre because they had to spend the last 15 years watching him rip the bears to peices, and now after ONE season where they beat the pack twice, they now fell they can rip on favre and not have it come back to bite them in the ass.

J_rob_the_Baller wrote:I think your jumping the gun on calling grossman an "actual" QB. He has proved nothing other than the fact that he gets hurt alot. He is just another chad pennington. Always going to be called the starter, because of the potential, but will always be hurt.

both of those are very well put. im very surprised that bears fans think they can brag about their offense, especially Rex Grossman, who youre treating as the savior of the offense. lets look at his career stats over 3 seasons, shall we?

Comp: 105
Att: 195
Yds: 1303
Comp%: 53.8
TD: 4
INT: 6
Average games played in seasons where he was going to be the year-long starter: 3
Games played in career: 9
Broken Ankles: 1
Season-ending knee injuries: 1

i dont know about you, but i wouldnt call someone like that someone who can take an offense from one of the worst in the league to even an average offense.

moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Teck » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:43 pm

Maaatt Damon
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Heimholder » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:10 pm

Wow, Bears 26-0 at Lambeau 8-o . Is there a full paper-suit icon available? :-b
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FatFoot » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:18 pm

J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:I think your jumping the gun on calling grossman an "actual" QB. He has proved nothing other than the fact that he gets hurt alot. He is just another chad pennington. Always going to be called the starter, because of the potential, but will always be hurt.

As a packer fan, I am actually hoping that he does stay healthy this year, since i think greise is the better QB, and having grossman as the starter hurts the bears in that sense.

Actually, if you actually take a minute to read what I typed, and what you quoted, it was a mild shot at Grossman, as though he ISN'T a real QB. ADDITIONALLY, I already made the joke that you guys were hoping Grossman remains starter, for that same reason. Yup, all in this thread. Helps to not jump in right at the end.

I've always thought Rex was talented, but never really saw him as an NFL starter. IN ANY EVENT, he sure looked like the real deal today. :) But if you are even going to THINK about criticizing commentary in a PBC grudge match thread, you have issues. You should know by now that huge homerism is the name of the game in these threads, and that most of what's said is tongue in cheek. How many PBCs involving Green Bay DON'T include knocks at Favre "sucking" etc?

Break out those bags, little boys!
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:55 pm

Ya know we can't let this thread go away until we see some more baggies.

FantasyFutballGuru13, BraylonIsAStud, Teck, evilsaint... bag it up!
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moonhead » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:25 pm

come on welchers! own up! :-b
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Bears10 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:50 pm

Oh Man!!! I just found this thread. Had I seen it yesterday, I would taken the Bears in a heart beat! By the way, I love the idea of a full body brown bag. Maybe this should be the new PBC uniform if a team gets shut out....
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!
Bears10
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting