The "Cojones Grandes" Award - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The "Cojones Grandes" Award

Moderator: Football Moderators

The "Cojones Grandes" Award

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:41 pm

Holy crap, I didn't realize what happened at the end of the Houston game 'till just now on NFL Primetime. Dom Capers calling a QB sneak from the 1 with 2 seconds left down by three. That's what I'm talking about. Play to win, baby....play to win.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:47 pm

Yeah, he's gotta find someway to pump his players up. Heck, they're 2-2.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Budman_ffc » Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:14 pm

Any other coach would have taken the 3 and gone to overtime....me included. That took a lot of guts to make that call!
The media and hometown fans would have mauled him if they didn't make it.
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:22 pm

That's true, I can't say I would've made the call...but you still gotta love it. Mike Tice did kind of the same thing last year, Minny down by 7 late, score the TD.....then he goes for 2. CPepp QB draw for the win, but the difference was Minny was already eliminated from the playoffs. This is a huge game early in the year. I got nothin but respect for Dom Capers.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Payne Dailey » Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:46 pm

I watched the game , the offense was on the sidelines with 2 seconds left pleading and screaming at him to go for it. What have they got to lose, towards the end of the game Carr couldn't hear and so he was calling his own plays. The Jags have lost two out of three to the Texans.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby L.A. Smogg » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:31 pm

Didn't see end of game.............But Man that takes some serious nad.........Wish I could of seen it live!
In the Mountains of Northern California roams a monster.....................Sasquatch!
L.A. Smogg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Payne Dailey » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:42 pm

I'm in a football purgatory here in Austin. Unless it's a bye week I get all Texan & Cowboy games, ugh. So unless I get the dish the best I can hope for are TNF, SNF, MNF, Thanksgiving, Saturday games late in the season & the playoffs.

Sorry just had to vent after the other game I got to watch today was Philly~ Buffalo.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:44 pm

I feel ya, all I get here is jags jags jags. I'm hoping eventually they'll do so bad that they move.

Get this:

Last year, week 14, dolphins and raiders are tied for the best record in the afc. At that point, only THREE teams were mathematically eliminated from the playoff hunt. Two of those three were the jags and texans...

we got the jags/texans game.

Yipee.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:46 pm

I'm with ya. Here in Vegas it's always 49ers, Raiders or *ahem* Cardinals games. Let's just say the bar is usually my home on Sunday afternoons.
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:50 pm

I wish that networks would just cut the regional crap and give us the best games of the week. I can understand if you're in the city, or like half an hour away, but I get falcons games as regional on fox, and they're like 7 hrs away, and jags games on cbs, where I'm like 2 hrs away...

I don't care about either team in the slightest, nor do most people around here.

KC/Den play next week, I'd love to see that game, two 4-0's, but I'll probably get some crappy jags game against whomever they're playing :(.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk