what do you think? constructive criticism welcome. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

what do you think? constructive criticism welcome.

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

what do you think? constructive criticism welcome.

Postby Guru13 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:42 pm

I just sorta tried something, and threw it together and then when I was finished I thought it didn't look half bad, what do you guys think?

Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrblitz » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:05 pm

Not bad at all, I don't like the NBA though, I know that wasn't relevant.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby WILLIStheBigMCG » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:50 pm

i think it would look better if u put FFG in the red bar so its symmetrical(sp?)

2008 bills prediction: 10-6

you know you've been playing too much madden when clinton portis doesn't look right in a 'skins uniform
WILLIStheBigMCG
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: Fairport: Home of the '91 and '97 NY State Football Champs

Postby chargersfan36 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:47 pm

WILLIStheBigMCG wrote:i think it would look better if u put FFG in the red bar so its symmetrical(sp?)

I disagree. I'd make your logo smaller and more in the corner. Not that you don't want to advertise yourself, but it just sticks out too much.

As for the sig it looks alright but I think the pic is a little too big. I'm not really feeling the BG or the stripe or the color. Also the cut on the ball and his neck needs fixing.
chargersfan36 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby washamur » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:57 pm

chargersfan36 wrote:
WILLIStheBigMCG wrote:i think it would look better if u put FFG in the red bar so its symmetrical(sp?)

I disagree. I'd make your logo smaller and more in the corner. Not that you don't want to advertise yourself, but it just sticks out too much.

As for the sig it looks alright but I think the pic is a little too big. I'm not really feeling the BG or the stripe or the color. Also the cut on the ball and his neck needs fixing.

110% agree ...

Reducing the size of D-Wade, bring in some of the contour of his head would make it appear as if you didn't cut off his head. ;)

The cuts around the ball and the back of his neck also need some touching up ...

However - I do like the stripe - a little contrast, and it fits nicely w/ the way you have his name.

-good stuff man-
QB-BigBen Delhomme Edwards Quinn
RB-LJ Gore DMAC CJohnson Slaton
WR-Driver Chambers Bowe Brown
TE-Gates
K-Prater
5-IDP's
washamur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Graphics Expert

Postby madaslives911 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:53 pm

mrblitz wrote:Not bad at all, I don't like the NBA though, I know that wasn't relevant.

i might have to agree with that as it could make the sig look like more of an NBA advertising banner.

for the highlighted part of the neck, i dunno if that was a result of a backlight. To me, it gives some form of a highlight which is a good effect specially in photography.

maybe the bg needs to be fixed. the "d" on the wade text isnt that readable coz of the lines produced by the brushes crosses the text.

for the red stripe. i think the opacity should be a bit reduced and might look better if you place it lower.

the pic and the cutting of the head is just ok with me.
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chargersfan36 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:27 pm

madaslives911 wrote:
mrblitz wrote:Not bad at all, I don't like the NBA though, I know that wasn't relevant.

i might have to agree with that as it could make the sig look like more of an NBA advertising banner.

for the highlighted part of the neck, i dunno if that was a result of a backlight. To me, it gives some form of a highlight which is a good effect specially in photography.

maybe the bg needs to be fixed. the "d" on the wade text isnt that readable coz of the lines produced by the brushes crosses the text.

for the red stripe. i think the opacity should be a bit reduced and might look better if you place it lower.

the pic and the cutting of the head is just ok with me.

I understand your point and yes, that does look good, but in this case, theres no source for light there and the reason it's there is from the pic effect combined with the cut including a little bit of background.
chargersfan36 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby madaslives911 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:54 am

very good observation there Charger. ;-D with that i fully agree with you. ;-7
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WILLIStheBigMCG » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:58 pm

madaslives911 wrote:

huh? :-?

2008 bills prediction: 10-6

you know you've been playing too much madden when clinton portis doesn't look right in a 'skins uniform
WILLIStheBigMCG
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Location: Fairport: Home of the '91 and '97 NY State Football Champs

Postby Double Play Ball » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:05 pm

I really like it. The only thing i would change is too make Dwaynes name stand out a bit more
Double Play Ball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Contests and Showing Off