Who is the starting RB for the Jets? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the starting RB for the Jets?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the starting RB for the Jets?

Postby ampant » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:51 pm

Barlow? or Blaylock?
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cordscords » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:54 pm

3 man RBBC with Barlow being first in line.
cordscords
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:02 pm

I bet Blaylock gets the start although it doesn't matter cause it should be a mess in NY
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:02 pm

Actually, they've said all FOUR of their RBs will get carries, Barlow, Blaylock, Houston, and Leon Washington, who Mangini says is "definitely in the running back mix."

But Blaylock, not Barlow, will probably start.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:10 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:Actually, they've said all FOUR of their RBs will get carries, Barlow, Blaylock, Houston, and Leon Washington, who Mangini says is "definitely in the running back mix."

Okay, so Blaylock starts against the stingy Titans D :-b . Is there a feel in NY that if one back does well he will get the bulk of the work? I think Blalock could tear up the Titans and maybe solidify a lead role there. What the best read you have on Mangini, WW?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:56 pm

moochman wrote:
Wesley Walker wrote:Actually, they've said all FOUR of their RBs will get carries, Barlow, Blaylock, Houston, and Leon Washington, who Mangini says is "definitely in the running back mix."

Okay, so Blaylock starts against the stingy Titans D :-b . Is there a feel in NY that if one back does well he will get the bulk of the work? I think Blalock could tear up the Titans and maybe solidify a lead role there. What the best read you have on Mangini, WW?

I have no read on Mangini. I really have a hard time seeeing Blaylock or Barlow getting much more playing time than the other. Maybe like 40% Barlow, 40% Blaylock, 15% Houston, 5% Washington. But it's the NFL, right? So yopu'd figure an injury will be a factor with at least one of them suring the season, so that would change things.

As a fan, I hope either Barlow or Blaylock would show themselves the worthy, capable starter. But I think the offense will struggle to sucvh an extent that neither will become the feature back. Pure RBBC, I fear.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby PurpleHaze » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:05 pm

Like I keep saying...

Derrick Blaylock ;-D
Sig courtesy of chargersfan36!
PurpleHaze
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ampant » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:15 pm

moochman wrote:Okay, so Blaylock starts against the stingy Titans D :-b . Is there a feel in NY that if one back does well he will get the bulk of the work? I think Blalock could tear up the Titans and maybe solidify a lead role there. What the best read you have on Mangini, WW?

This is my thinking. Whoever starts could put up a solid game and solidify a prominent role. I'm in a 12-team league, so even an RBBC starter still has value (some of the guys in my league only have 2 starting RBs on their Roster).

I have SA, KJones, Gore, and Barlow. If I pick up Blaylock, I could use the Jets RBs as insurance or trade bait. Mabye trade them for stud rookie like Maroney (especially cause he is injured now and maybe work in a WR upgrade) - especially if one of them rips off a good game vs. the titans.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:32 pm

Bet you 50 cents that the Jet's RB is still your fantasy waiver wire. I'd wait until after week 3, then I would proceed to not pick him up.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Cooner » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:35 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Bet you 50 cents that the Jet's RB is still your fantasy waiver wire. I'd wait until after week 3, then I would proceed to not pick him up.

I think you meant to say:

"Bet you 50 cents tha tthe Jet's RB will be on your fantasy waiver wire by week 3. Then I would proceed to not pick him up."

Barlow and Blalock are owned in every league I'm in (including Blalock by me in one league). But don't worry... they'll all hit the WW by week 3 ;-D
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk