Owens is a... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owens is a...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Owens is a...

Postby Hot Carl » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:31 pm

well, I dont know what he is, but he is losing games for me! I think he has a point about Garcia's poor performance lately. But I think he is making things much worse with his mouth. Any ideas about the situation in San Fran? Is it going to improve...will it be with or without Garcia? Maybe I should trade Owens...but I definately would not get anything for him at this point. Any opinions for a frustrated Owens owner?
-- "It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." -- Office Space
Hot Carl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thatch » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:40 pm

i also own owens, and i am very uset with his performance thus far. but i also owned him last year and he started off the season the very same way, he wasn't doing anything and then he started running his mouth the same way he is now. he did come around last year so i'm hoping he does the same thing this year. i'm gonna hold on to him for now. cause your right he isn't worth anything "right now" just my opinion.
thatch

Friendliness: %

Postby big shot » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:41 pm

the guy is yesterdays news. trade him for a chad johnson if you can
big shot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:42 pm

You gotta hold onto him for now. His value is just too low. He is a top 3 receiver (with Harrison and Moss), and now would be a bad time to dump him. Don't get me wrong, if I was his coach, he would have been traded a long time ago. Fortunately in fantasyland you don't have to worry about his locker room presence. If you've got big problems with him, I'd suggest waiting until he has a big game (he will) and trying to get either a top tier receiver that's not too hot or a second tier RB like Dillon or Jamal Lewis. But if you trade him now, you won't get full value and you WILL regret it.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Hot Carl » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:55 pm

Does anybody think he could possibly get punished by the organization for his sideline and press conference antics/comments? If I were in the 49er front office good old T.O. would be wearing street clothes next week. David Boston was suspended for disrespecting a member of the coaching staff and breaking team rules. His antics were not in front of a TV camera either. I'm sure it doesn't help to rip your QB to the press after a poor game...that can be settled in the locker room between the players. The disrespecting of your coaches on the sideline should be delt with more severely IMO. I have TO in FF...and I need him to win...but I cant stand egotistical, cry-baby, a-holes who whine about losses and not getting the ball. If I could get something half-way decent for him I would take it.
-- "It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." -- Office Space
Hot Carl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:07 pm

Naw, they won't do anything, and that's why he continues to pull this shit. Boston got benched because A) Marty Schottenheimer doesn't coddle his athletes the way Dennis Erickson does and Mooch did before him, and B) Boston's not the proven player TO is, and he's having a sub-par season. By the way, niner fans, Erickson is a BUM. I had the displeasure of following him in Seattle and the pleasure of following him at Oregon State. He's a good college coach. Period. Plus probably an alcoholic. He got a DUI in Seattle and blew something like a .24, and was a regular fixture in the Corvallis bars when he coached OSU.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:23 pm

I am starting to wonder if there is some friction between Owens and Garcia. I remember in week 1 Owens didn't get the play he should have and it seemed like Garcia wasn't even looking for him. Haven't seen any other 9er games so...

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby SuperCafone » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:56 pm

I think its a matter of time....
solo c'è la vittoria
SuperCafone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awwchrist » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:09 am

this is a perfect thread for my soon to be "point of view" article.

Hang in there with Owens. The O may continue to suffer overall, but they'll figure out how to get him the ball.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MattC » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:11 am

TO is a great talent. That being said if he was on my team after his antics this week he'd be sitting PERIOD. Disrespecting a coach and taking in-house business public = riding the pine. Of course that ( and a lack of experience and credentials ) is why I don't coach in the NFL. TO has an enormous amount of charisma and credibility with his teammates, its a crying shame he can't use them in a positive mannner. Your an elite player TO . . . be a leader. Be a man.
MattC
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk