I need to vent - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I need to vent

Moderator: Football Moderators

I need to vent

Postby wolvie111 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:33 pm

my team has started off 0-3 and is on its way to 0-4. portis and edge both sat because of injury so now i am down to crappy second stringers. anyways the game is close till the sunday night game. the team i am up against has manning and harrison. so naturally thats 9 tds for his tea, now he is up on me 102-45. anyways i have 3 players left Farve, Franks and fergusan. the only likely scenario is for farve to throw 5 TD's, fergusan to catch 2 of them and Franks to snag the other 2. with yardage from all 3 i can win. BUT with my recent luck surge Farve is gonna suck it up like he has all year. This is his usual time to shine, against the crappy Bears and on prime time TV as well, but i know he shall let me down........... sorry to have wasted any1's tiome with this. I just needed to get it out.
wolvie111
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SinCity » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:39 pm

Ya feel better?
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SuperCafone » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:50 pm

well done... ventilation...
}:-)
solo c'è la vittoria
SuperCafone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby wolvie111 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:22 am

yes i feel way better. it wont get any better for me next week. even if edge starts its like having him hurt, since they play tampa bay. UGH.
wolvie111
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby emaja » Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:49 am

This might be a sticky nominee.

I have Barber on a bye and Portis out injured. In a 16 team league, NO ONE is on waivers. Left me to start Gary and Joe Burns. Got me a total of 3 freakin' points.

I can still win as long as Favre, Walker, Longwell and GB's "D" do not outscore Driver by more than 4 points.

I am not holding my breath.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby fntsyrookie » Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:58 am

Well this is the 2nd time this season when I've lost to a team because he's had a player blow up. My first loss was because of Jamal Freakin' Lewis. This one? Oh yeah...Moss and Harrison on the same team. I only lost by 8 points, but man does it just blow. He finished with 107 points...Moss and Harrison were 72 of those. :-t
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby MMH » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:31 pm

I know how it feels. This year i have managed to avoid the opposition having a massive game but last year I was the third top point scorer in a 14 team league yet still managed to finish the season in 10th place and miss out on the play offs.

Every week it seemed an opposition player would go nuts.

Although I guess having Duce Staley and Antowain Smith as my two starting running backs didnt help much either. Thats what I got from screwing up the draft and having Kurt kittner as my first draft choice.
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby wolvie111 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:23 pm

my luck has been on the negative side all year. first game off the bat farve had a horrible game phillys def stunk up the house so i lost by 10. second game i coulda had in the books had portis not gotten injured. with his injury i lost by 5, after being down by 40. 3rd game portis is non existant, burress does nothing for me edge likwise but i still ended up 2 pts short. this week is just disgusting. i need HUGE games from farve fergusan and franks. but im not holding my breath on that happening.
wolvie111
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk