How would one rate Braylon Edwards - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How would one rate Braylon Edwards

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby tearitup » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:48 am

I started this post a few weeks ago and wanted to see what you guys thought about him now. I think he will be the new Randy Moss. He will definitely blow away the 750 mark stated earlier in this thread. I am playing him this week in Oak. I think whoever owns him should too. I am not just a U of M slappy either.

Charlie frye looks to him often and deep. He has come close to 100 yrds. each week. Week 1 he had a 75yd td called back on a holding call. Since then, he has put up 2 100yd games with a td to go. No troubles from that knee either so far.

Is he the man or what? Do others feel like I do? Or is 750yds his cap?

whir
tearitup
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Smee » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:03 am

whir.
Smee
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:09 am

Smee wrote:whir.

What are you trying to tell us?

:-?
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby ypsieast » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:52 pm

tearitup wrote:I started this post a few weeks ago and wanted to see what you guys thought about him now. I think he will be the new Randy Moss. He will definitely blow away the 750 mark stated earlier in this thread. I am playing him this week in Oak. I think whoever owns him should too. I am not just a U of M slappy either.

Charlie frye looks to him often and deep. He has come close to 100 yrds. each week. Week 1 he had a 75yd td called back on a holding call. Since then, he has put up 2 100yd games with a td to go. No troubles from that knee either so far.

Is he the man or what? Do others feel like I do? Or is 750yds his cap?

whir

There's a good discussion on Braylon here: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

I wrote:
ypsieast wrote:Braylon is virtually a rookie (considering the limited play he got last year because of injuries) and he is already contributing at a high level on a mediocre offense.

He gets (and will continue to get) tons of looks, as CLE will often play from behind and he is the only legit WR threat. Even if JoeJ comes back, he'll still be integral in the Offense. If anything, his coverage will soften a bit.

I watched Braylon all through college and I can tell you a few things. The knock on him that he drops a lot of balls is fair, but a bit overstated. I wouldn't worry about that. The thing that makes him great is that, except for Randy Moss, I have never seen any WR at any level catch the deep ball as well as Edwards does. Whether its catching it while streaking down the sideline, or going up for the "up for grabs" ball, he has that uncanny ability (like Moss) to come up with the ball.

So, for Fantasy Football, if you have a guy that gets 8-10 balls thrown at him each game and has above average ability to score long TDs and plays for a team that has to pass a lot to come from behind... those are the ingredients for a top 10 WR.
ypsieast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk