shut out of Yahoo ! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

shut out of Yahoo !

Moderator: Football Moderators

shut out of Yahoo !

Postby ateam » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:07 am

:~(

After switching my ISPs from yahoo and trying to make a roster change yesterday, I was promted to set up a new Yahoo ID. I did so, as I had no choice, and my history seemed to follow.

However, when I go to the Yahoo FF Sports pages, I am unrecognized now :-t :-t :~( :,-(

This is unfreakinbelievable, as I can't access either of my league's---a complete nightmare.

Trying to get a phone number for them is like trying to get Jessica Alba's home #, and emailing them only gets me a template unrelated response from a non-human entity.

HAS ANYONE HAD A SIMILAR SITUATION---CAN THIS BE RESOLVED?
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mbuser » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:43 am

you registered the team under your old yahoo ID? no matter what it seemed like happened, the team won't migrate to a new yahoo ID -- you need to log in to the ID you originally registered the team to
mbuser
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ateam » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:54 am

mbuser wrote:you registered the team under your old yahoo ID? no matter what it seemed like happened, the team won't migrate to a new yahoo ID -- you need to log in to the ID you originally registered the team to

That's the thing, I've tried successfully to login with my old yahoo ID, however neither this one, nor my new one (which both show my personal history profile) seem recognized when I go to the Yahoo Fantasy Sports page.

The league commisioner says this seemed to have happened to someone 2 seasons ago, and they were shut out of the league, so I'm not very optimistic. :~(
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bwagner112 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:58 am

So was your old ISP Yahoo SBC and you had a user name on that?

Now that you longer have the service, it is prompting you to create a new User ID?
bwagner112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bwagner112 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:58 am

Is the league public? Can you post a link if it is?
bwagner112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ateam » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:01 am

bwagner112 wrote:So was your old ISP Yahoo SBC and you had a user name on that?

Now that you longer have the service, it is prompting you to create a new User ID?

Yes, which I regretfully did. :~(

League is private. And trying to "reregister" w/ password didn't work due to closed now after draft.
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bwagner112 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:16 am

There has got to be a way around it. I mean that user ID is still in existence and in use with the league. So when you go to Yahoo Sports and try to log in using your old name and password, what does it say?
bwagner112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ateam » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:06 pm

bwagner112 wrote:There has got to be a way around it. I mean that user ID is still in existence and in use with the league. So when you go to Yahoo Sports and try to log in using your old name and password, what does it say?

Sorry bro, I finally got a human being on the phone at sbcyahoo...

To answer your question, nothing happens when I go to the page to recognize me. In other words, I can see the page like anyone else, yet my league or team links are absent.

****Hopefully this will be fixed****

According to the guy I eventually got on the phone, (had to be elevated to a supervisor) this is an issue in which my data is going from one server to the other and I need to give it 72 hours.

He claims I should be set by Sunday night!!!! :-o :-°

I'll have to cross my fingers until then, thankfully my lineups are basically set otherwise.

PS: thanks for your input ;-D
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mbuser » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:21 pm

the other thing you could do is have the commish in your league request an ownership transfer to your new ID. the commish has to do it though

have him send:
league ID
team name
old yahoo ID
new yahoo ID
new email address

might take less than 72 hours and it's guaranteed to work
mbuser
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ateam » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:59 pm

mbuser wrote:the other thing you could do is have the commish in your league request an ownership transfer to your new ID. the commish has to do it though

have him send:
league ID
team name
old yahoo ID
new yahoo ID
new email address

might take less than 72 hours and it's guaranteed to work

Wow, fantastic advice many, many thanks, I will forward this info. to the commishes if I'm not live by Sunday night. I'll give it until then because my lineups are set, and I wouldn't want to screw up potential process which is said to be underway.

Great to know there is a potential backup plan, that you are calling guaranteed. ;-D ;-D

Many thanks. May the FF Gods shine brightly on your squad! B-)
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk