T.O. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to San Francisco 49ers

T.O.

Moderator: Football Moderators

T.O.

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:36 pm

He came across as a self-centered jerk last night (a lot like the player in the Budweiser commercial). I'm not sure I disagree with much of what he said though. He'll probably be gone next year. This move will take a team that was on the cusp of competing for a championship, and pretty much put them in rebuilding mode.

Here's a valid question for 49'er fans. Garcia makes over 10 mil a year. Who would you rather have next year: Garcia/Cedric Wilson, or Rattay/Owens?

Garcia is a product of the 49er system. Always has been. Owens is one of the most talented players in the NFL (admittedly with a mouth that's way too big that gets him in trouble).

Anyway, I wonder if Owens is longing for the good ol' Mariucci days.

P.S. They need to bench Hearst and make Barlow the full-time starter ASAP. I don't care if Hearst blocks like Anthony Munoz, Barlow is clearly the better runner (Hearst would make a good 3rd down back).
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby yoda83 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:18 pm

man, not to clown your boys, but i've never really though of them as true championship contenders. even the past few years under mooch. you see, i too think T.O. made some valid comments about the team's heart (kinda like vanderjagt in the offseason). i believe that's been a problem for awhile.

and i would rather have rattay/owens. forget what happened sunday. outside of harrison, owens is THE best wideout in the league. hands down. and just b/c randy decided to keep his head out his @ss and had a good day jumping over a few crackerjack defenders doesnt vault him ahead of owens, a true gamebreaker who actually takes it through the middle, runs precise routes and often comes up clutch.

still, owens needs to quiet his sh*t up. at this point, he's only alienating his squad and comin off like a b*tch.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SinCity » Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:36 pm

He came across as a self-centered jerk last night

He did and is. :-t
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CVhawk » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:47 pm

That just made my day.Owens is the biggest jackass in the game today.I dont care how bad things get you dont act like that.When this team gets its back up against the wall you think they want to compete for him?I believe I have heard somewhere that you see the true character of a MAN when things go bad.Owens has repeatedly shown that he is NO man he is a big crybaby.Also if the niners ship him off look for him to be a cancer on whatever team he goes to.
CVhawk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MadScott » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:43 pm

Lifelonger here.

I've got to tell you it's time for TO to go. A couple of years ago when this crap started with him in Dallas my wife, also a diehard, was outraged by his antics. I told her then that it was no big thing and it will be dealt with and things will move on. Then last year happened with the Mooch/TO struggles and she was clanging the pots again saying it was time to go and I told her that he is/was too great of a talent to dismiss, we need to keep him for the team. This year has been the straw that broke the camels back.

How can you go out and criticize an O line that has its top 7 players hurt with leg injuries when you are out there doing your very best impression of JJ "Alligator Arms" Stokes?

No, it's time to move on. The 49ers need to try and keep Streets, but more importantly Plummer and especially Peterson on defense. That is the only way they can build for the future. I liken it to the Seattle Mariners when they had ARod, Griffey and the Unit and everyone asked how they would make it without those three players. Last time I looked, they have been far more competitive without them than with them and I think the same will apply in SF.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE----->
The York's, IMHO, are awful, pennypinching owners and I don't expect the 49ers to really compete for anything so long as they are there. They had absolutely no intention of paying TO for his services. However, with his baffoonery they are going to look completely justified in dumping him and lead "fans" into thinking that they did the right thing for the right reason when they really are just tightwads.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to San Francisco 49ers