Ethical Commish Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ethical Commish Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ethical Commish Question

Postby Gnu314 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:49 pm

I'm in a quandry.

We did an offline draft on Tuesday and I input the results while it was going on. As soon as the draft was over the rosters were online.

The problem is that when you do an offline draft on Yahoo! it dosn't set the players starting rosters for them, all the players end up on the bench. Normally an online draft will select the best roster based on draft position. I'm not sure if they know this or not.

So far 3 players haven't set their teams, a couple of them have players playing tonight.

Should I do the goodguy thing set their teams for them (as any standard draft would do) or should I just leave it as is and let them lay goose eggs for those players (or play the backups).

I feel like I should just set the rosters and let it be that.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:52 pm

I'd set the rosters and email the teams that don't have them set that you did so. If they have the opportunity and the desire to make sure that they have in who they want, they can. But no reason to let one week of games go down the drain for some principle.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BeefSandwiches » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:54 pm

Leave them be. If they don't know they need to set lineups, it's their problem. Also, you don't want to be making lineup decisions for people..."I would have played (insert last round pick who blows up in Week 1) instead of (insert injured 1st round pick)."

If anything, send an email to everyone as a reminder to set lineups.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:07 pm

Set the rosters. If you don't it'll just bring the league down anyways. You don't have to set it everyweek, just get so they have a full team playing each week.
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby spodog » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:14 pm

don't set their rosters. As commish, you shouldn't be meddling with lineups.

CALL the players who this is affecting and tell them to go online and set their roster however. Leave an email as well.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Justin_Case » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:58 pm

Set the rosters with the highest draft players taking the starting spots first, not who you think should start.

I can see the point others are making that it isn't your responsibility, but you are just asking for some of these teams to give up early or skew the records from the first week. And it is easier than chasing down 3 guys before the game tonight.
Justin_Case
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Football Talk