Week 1 Madden '07 Predictions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 1 Madden '07 Predictions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby woodson_28 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:47 am

based on those FF predictions, my team sucks. And I thought I had a decent team:

QB: P. Manning - 23 pts
RB: J. Jones - 7 pts
RB: R. Droughns - 3 pts
WR: T.O. - 5 pts
WR: Holt - 4 pts
WR: Housh - 2 pts
TE: Whitten - 1 pt
k: Graham - 8 pts

total of 53 pts, ouch.

Maybe I should start

F. Taylor - 10 pts w/ 104 rush yards
or
C. Tyalor - 16 pts w/ 140 rush yards
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:40 am

bobbing_headz wrote:I dont know... they have the Lions beating the Seahawks 34 - 26. I highly doubt that.

Will the Lions even get halfway to 34? Don't think so.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheOmen » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:16 pm

Yeah I think the guys at espn were a little bored and antsy for something to report before the season. In Madden you can simulate the games and they turn out completely different every time. They have intentionally built in a lot of randomness and it is definitely not scientific.

It's not completely random, believe me. The problem comes in when siimulating because you have to adjust the depth chart and rosters to the way they really are prior to starting the simulation. Or else the computer will play Duce Staley, for instance, or they'll have the offense set at 50% run, 50% pass. So you have to change these settings to fit the true life counter parts, then the results are surprisingly accurate. IGN did a week by week comparison with a human picking games vs NFL2k6 and Madden 06, and Madden was far more realistic.

Why do I know all of this? Because I worked on Madden 06.
TheOmen
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shockers » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:34 am

TheOmen wrote:
Yeah I think the guys at espn were a little bored and antsy for something to report before the season. In Madden you can simulate the games and they turn out completely different every time. They have intentionally built in a lot of randomness and it is definitely not scientific.

It's not completely random, believe me. The problem comes in when siimulating because you have to adjust the depth chart and rosters to the way they really are prior to starting the simulation. Or else the computer will play Duce Staley, for instance, or they'll have the offense set at 50% run, 50% pass. So you have to change these settings to fit the true life counter parts, then the results are surprisingly accurate. IGN did a week by week comparison with a human picking games vs NFL2k6 and Madden 06, and Madden was far more realistic.

Why do I know all of this? Because I worked on Madden 06.

Sounds like we need you to run the simulation and let us know how things are going to turn out this weekend. I might be giving Vegas a call, if it works out.
Anyone here collect football cards??? PM me for some great trading sites online.
Shockers
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk