This is your last chance to get Reggie Bush cheap - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

This is your last chance to get Reggie Bush cheap

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Matthias » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:01 am

he moved up in my mind.

i didn't expect to see him get that many touches or combo yards; i figured deuce would have played a bigger role.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bowie » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:52 am

Didn't Deuce have 22 caries. That is about as big a role as one could expect for him in his first game back from injury, right?
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:58 am

The Bush doubters (me included) have to concede that his stock ticks up after the first game.

However, even before the game, Bush was not tradeable. He'll need to score some TDs to earn his ADP.
Last edited by Twisted Sister on Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:00 pm

Bowie wrote:Didn't Deuce have 22 caries. That is about as big a role as one could expect for him in his first game back from injury, right?

Yeah he did. I was happy with the 22 carries. Wish he would have scored a TD. Duece is going to get the carries and the scores. Bush is going have some carries, some rec and some punt returns. Will have some big games for sure, but at this point, duece is safer in my mind.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bklik » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:47 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:The Bush doubters (me included) have to concede that his stock ticks up after the first game.

However, even before the game, Bush was not tradeable. He'll need to score some TDs to earn his ADP.

I dont know if the stock goes up that much. He is more tradable, but his ADP was somewhere in the mid 3rd.

He really exposed the Browns defense. I guess a legitamate plan for drafting Bush wouldve been in hopes of him absolutly lighting the Browns up, like 20 carries for 150 and a couple scores. THEN he could be pawned for a Tier1 WR or something equivalent.
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:15 pm

Bowie wrote:Didn't Deuce have 22 caries. That is about as big a role as one could expect for him in his first game back from injury, right?

Yes, he got 22 carries, but if you watched the game, he got about 5-6 carries there at the end of the game when the game was practically over. It was pretty much a 50% split when the game was up in the air. He's a better option than duece from what I saw on Sunday.

Duece used to be so valueable due to the fact that he actually caught a few passes here and there on screens. Why on earth would the Saints give duece catches like that when you have a dynamic back in Bush who has the potential to break it at any moment? :-?
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:02 pm

kingctb27 wrote:

Yes, he got 22 carries, but if you watched the game, he got about 5-6 carries there at the end of the game when the game was practically over. It was pretty much a 50% split when the game was up in the air. He's a better option than duece from what I saw on Sunday.

Duece used to be so valueable due to the fact that he actually caught a few passes here and there on screens. Why on earth would the Saints give duece catches like that when you have a dynamic back in Bush who has the potential to break it at any moment? :-?

Misdirection. Isn't that part of the game?
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:34 pm

I must admit that I didn't expect Bush to contribute so early. He is seemingly going to split carries with McCallister for most of the season, but he's getting a lot of passing looks which more than makes up for it.

He will have 2 to 3 big plays a game probably every week.

He is still not going to be a top 10 back though... This year.

I think any trade in which you could get Bush you would be overpaying.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sorgi2evans » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:44 pm

hmm, a guy in my (small) league dropped bush after his game and picked up gore. After droughns terrific performance against the almighty saints defense, I had no problem dropping him for bush.
sorgi2evans
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BigMusky » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:56 pm

sorgi2evans wrote:hmm, a guy in my (small) league dropped bush after his game and picked up gore. After droughns terrific performance against the almighty saints defense, I had no problem dropping him for bush.

two team league?
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk