This is your last chance to get Reggie Bush cheap - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

This is your last chance to get Reggie Bush cheap

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:26 pm

I can understand if people aren't high on Bush, but I cannot understand how several people in this thread like skinsfan can in any way convolute this week's game into anything less than a superb start.

People said Reggie wouldn't get many touches. He got 25 (that's a ton).

People said Reggie couldn't run between the tackles. He did (and quite well).

People said he couldn't get to the outside against the faster NFL defenses. He did.

People said he wouldn't be more useful than the Saints #3 or #4 WR when lined up as a WR. He looked like a 5-time pro bowl WR (seriously this kid has some incredible hands).

People said Deuce would get all the goaline carries. They split them.

People said Bush would live and die on the big play. He put up 120 yards despite a long play of only 18 (imagine what those numbers look like when he mixed in a 60 yard touchdown catch/run which he will likely do much more often than your typical RB).

This was a game that New Orleans led the whole way, which keeps Deuce involved more and Bush STILL got 25 touches. If New Orleans gets behind early like they likely will a lot this year we should only see more of Bush in the game, and 25 touches is a pretty damned good starting point and I think anyone would be happy with their RB getting that.

The only negative I see to Bush right now is schedule. He'll likely put up some clunkers against some of the better defenses he faces, which is really nothing new for a RB as if you really look at it most RBs have their stats inflated against weaker teams and struggle against the better ones. The Saints play quite a few of those better defenses this year but if they get behind there's no limit to the number of receptions this guy could haul in.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shader » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:59 pm

Well I had to bring this back up. And I totally agree with Free Bagel, that the guy is completely living up to the hype.

The difference in Bush and other running backs is that he's going to get 5-7 catches a game. Brees threw the ball to Tomlinson 100 times in 2003! I think Bush will not quite get to 100 but he should get at least 70-80.

Face it, he is going to break some very long runs, and he didn't do that against Cleveland. I think when you start adding those long runs in there, he's going to put up phenomenal numbers.

In my opinion, the only thing stopping him from 2,000 total yards from scrimmage is injury, and he's never shown a propensity to get injured.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:29 pm

His value is unchanged in my mind. Decent RB#2 with RB#1 upside if Deuce gets injured/benched.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby HulkSmash » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:49 pm

I drafted him thinking it was a good play from the start. Good idea on my part, I figure
HulkSmash
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: This is your last chance to get Reggie Bush cheap

Postby thedude » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:48 am

Shader wrote:After his game Sunday, his price will be through the roof. You better make the trade now. It's your chance to get a top 10 player for dirt cheap.

6 rushes, five yards. Now is the time to sell cheap :-/
thedude
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby skinsfan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:58 am

Free Bagel wrote:I can understand if people aren't high on Bush, but I cannot understand how several people in this thread like skinsfan can in any way convolute this week's game into anything less than a superb start.

I feel somewhat vindicated. If he couldn't pile up the numbers vs. Green Bay, where can he?
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:34 pm

skinsfan wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:I can understand if people aren't high on Bush, but I cannot understand how several people in this thread like skinsfan can in any way convolute this week's game into anything less than a superb start.

I feel somewhat vindicated. If he couldn't pile up the numbers vs. Green Bay, where can he?

If Shaun Alexander can't put up numbers against Detroit, where can he? Seriously, what a ridiculous argument you're trying to make.

You do realize that he had 8 catches yet again, right? And did you see that punt return? He made some sick moves, he's gonna break quite a few long TDs.

But hey, you go back to your vindication through convoluted points, just make sure you send Alexander to the WW while you're at it.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby skinsfan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:39 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
skinsfan wrote:

If Shaun Alexander can't put up numbers against Detroit, where can he? Seriously, what a ridiculous argument you're trying to make.

You do realize that he had 8 catches yet again, right? And did you see that punt return? He made some sick moves, he's gonna break quite a few long TDs.

But hey, you go back to your vindication through convoluted points, just make sure you send Alexander to the WW while you're at it.

He'll break a few big ones, but in the meantime we shouldn't promote Lee Evans to "Solid #2 WR" just because he's a playmaker. My main point is that McAllister has succesfully defended his starting job in N.O. and if the Saints continue to compete, they will stick even more to a one back scheme.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kilroy » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:10 am

skinsfan wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
skinsfan wrote:

He'll break a few big ones, but in the meantime we shouldn't promote Lee Evans to "Solid #2 WR" just because he's a playmaker. My main point is that McAllister has succesfully defended his starting job in N.O. and if the Saints continue to compete, they will stick even more to a one back scheme.

Thing is, Bush doesn't need to get the lion's share of carries to get the lion's share of touches. There are these things, ya see, called passes.

Reggie Bush is going to be a STUD. The only question is which week does he blow up with 200 Total Yards and 3 Scores? If you want him but don't have him you better try to swing a deal before, because the after price is gonna be STEEP.

And comparing Bush to Lee Evans? Um, no. :-?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Smee » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:23 am

I think the real Reggie Bush is somewhere between "200 yards 3 TD STUD" and meager RBBC member with upside.

I'll say he's a fancy version of FWP. He's not getting goalline carries, he's not going to grind out yardage, but he will take the dumpoff passes and he will break the occasional big play.

I'm sorry, but I feel like I need to be the sober yin to this raging yan of a debate.

:^
Smee
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk