This is your last chance to get Reggie Bush cheap - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

This is your last chance to get Reggie Bush cheap

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kilroy » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:56 am

Smee wrote:I think the real Reggie Bush is somewhere between "200 yards 3 TD STUD" and meager RBBC member with upside.

I'll say he's a fancy version of FWP. He's not getting goalline carries, he's not going to grind out yardage, but he will take the dumpoff passes and he will break the occasional big play.

I'm sorry, but I feel like I need to be the sober yin to this raging yan of a debate.

:^

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that 200 All-Purpose Yard 3 TD Days are going to be the norm for Reggie. I'm just saying that by the end of the year he'll post one.

I was FAR from the Reggie bandwagon before the season started. I thought his ADP was WAY too high (and still do, although I've removed the WAY). But the more I see of him in action the more convinced I am that the STUD label is going to come sooner rather than later.

FWP couldn't carry Bush's jock (and that's not a knock on Parker). If Reggie had THAT line...

8-o

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jondunc » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:07 am

You know who Reggie reminds me off? A more hyped Eric Metcalf. Wait and see. :-)
jondunc
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:15 am

skinsfan wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
skinsfan wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:I can understand if people aren't high on Bush, but I cannot understand how several people in this thread like skinsfan can in any way convolute this week's game into anything less than a superb start.

I feel somewhat vindicated. If he couldn't pile up the numbers vs. Green Bay, where can he?

If Shaun Alexander can't put up numbers against Detroit, where can he? Seriously, what a ridiculous argument you're trying to make.

You do realize that he had 8 catches yet again, right? And did you see that punt return? He made some sick moves, he's gonna break quite a few long TDs.

But hey, you go back to your vindication through convoluted points, just make sure you send Alexander to the WW while you're at it.

He'll break a few big ones, but in the meantime we shouldn't promote Lee Evans to "Solid #2 WR" just because he's a playmaker. My main point is that McAllister has succesfully defended his starting job in N.O. and if the Saints continue to compete, they will stick even more to a one back scheme.

Deuce touches: 35
Bush touches: 43
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:17 am

Smee wrote:I'll say he's a fancy version of FWP. He's not getting goalline carries, he's not going to grind out yardage

Bush has gotten several shots at the goalline.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby skinsfan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:41 am

Free Bagel wrote:
Smee wrote:I'll say he's a fancy version of FWP. He's not getting goalline carries, he's not going to grind out yardage

But he has yet to score...In my league, by points, he's ranked as the 25th RB between Alexander at 24 and Henry at 26. I give Alexander the benefit of the doubt for obvious reasons.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:42 am

In PPR leagues, Reggie Bush is performing like a stud #1 RB.. In non-PPR he is a solid #2. Don't underestimate his receiving stats... Not too many RBs will be scoring a TDs worth of receiving yardage in 2 consecutive weeks this year. Reggie Bush already has 125 yards receiving in TWO games. Where does that rank among WRs? I know it's damn near #1 for RBs..
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Bowie » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:58 am

Cleveland and Green Bay. That is who he has played so far. He has done well (receiving, at least), but the competition level has not been great. The next few weeks should be very interesting. I can't wait to see him on Monday Night Football vs. Atlanta. We should learn a lot that game.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:44 pm

skinsfan wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:

But he has yet to score...In my league, by points, he's ranked as the 25th RB between Alexander at 24 and Henry at 26. I give Alexander the benefit of the doubt for obvious reasons.

Not sure I see your point. My statement was in response to the statement that he's not getting goalline carries, to which I said he has. I made no mention of what he did with them nor what he would do with them.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby tsunami001 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:41 pm

anyone thinking of buying bush low right now? he's bound to find the end zone sometime this year right??
tsunami001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pangbones » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:12 pm

I own him in a couple leagues. I'll let you all know when I bench him, that will be his big week!! !+)

Seriously though, from what I've seen, he hasn't shown me much yet.
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk