Picks 8 & 9 in an eight team draft- which position to ta - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Picks 8 & 9 in an eight team draft- which position to ta

Moderator: Football Moderators

Picks 8 & 9 in an eight team draft- which position to ta

Postby ThomasBombadil » Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:34 pm

I have picks 8 & 9 in an 8 team draft. Should I go RB/RB, RB/QB, RB/WR, or what? I am leaning towards QB/RB, but also see argument for RB/RB. Talk to me.
ThomasBombadil

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby SolarfluX » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:12 pm

A lot of people would strictly say get two RBs, but since your back-to-backs are relatively high, you might want to get a solid RB for 8 and an elite WR for 9. Think LT or A-Train and then Owens or Harrison. Then again, you might want to get both RBs or WRs. There should still be solid QBs by the time #24 and #25 roll around...

I think it's safe to say with that small of a league, you'll have a lot of options.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby cwebb » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:39 pm

If the first round is really RB-heavy you might get Garcia or Culpepper and if you start a run at QBs you might have a stud WR or very good RB available in rounds 3 and 4...

Getting Owens and Garcia in rounds 1-2 would be great, too, but I recommend getting a RB early on, or at least back up that QB-WR combo with backs the next rounds!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Q - Tip » Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:19 pm

I would go either WR/RB or RB/RB. I would hold off on the QB, because there wil only be 7 other starters. You will get a nice QB in the 3rd at least. In an 8-team league the 4th round is probably ideal. Let others go after QB's early and that is your cue to get better Rb's and wr's. you could prob find Gannon or Griese there. you just don;t want early picks like that and have to struggle @ other positions. Good luck
Q - Tip

Postby terpfan » Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:22 pm

rb/rb or rb/wr looks good to me. with two picks that high in a league that small i would think about taking the best available rb and then the best available wr/rb...
Last edited by terpfan on Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CrimsonNGray » Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:25 pm

Go rb/wr
Bledsoe or equivelant will be around w/ the next picks.
CrimsonNGray
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby kashikis » Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:37 am

You should definately go RB/WR grab one of the stud RB left and then go for a truly elite WR there should be plenty there in an 8 man league. QB's are pretty boutiful this year and you should still have a decent selection in round 4. look for Aaron Brooks still around or maybe Bledsoe
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jazzstar » Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:39 am

I am in the same predicament. I don't beleive in the 2 rb theory at all. I won our league last year without a single running back I drafted. They were all pick ups. I am taking the best qb available. Hopefully Garcia or Daunte. This covers the owner I play with either Owens and Moss. I love A-train this year, he will get 20 plus carries per game. I hope Deuce McCallister is around 3.8 cause he is looking hot. Running backs are great, but if I would have told you Priest Holmes, Antwain Smith, and Anthony Thomas would be studs, you would have laughed. There will be injuries to rb's this year and there will be suprises. Think of your team as a whole, and it's always wise to play a little defense towards other owners while drafting.

J.Z.
jazzstar

Return to Football Talk