am i being a poor sport or is this points situation crap?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

am i being a poor sport or is this points situation crap??

Moderator: Football Moderators

am i being a poor sport or is this points situation crap??

Postby tubadan2000 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:22 pm

in my league the commishioner set up kick return points 1 point for every 25 yards and 10 bonus points at 100 yards. so right now wes welker has 21 poins already tonight (67 rec yars=6 and 137 return points =15) and i'm playing the owner who started wes welker and guess what it's the commissioner.
tubadan2000
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:41 pm

10 pts at 100 is kind of high, but this gives huge value to WRs that return kicks like Welker, SSmith, KCurtis, etc. It's not out of hand or anything, but you want to make sure you have atleast someone that returns kicks. Average kick return is around 20 yards, so it is rare to get 100 unless they're getting clobbered.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby S27 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:47 pm

It was a poor scoring format design. You can't change it now but you have to accept responsibility & adjust your team to exploit the format.
S27
General Manager
General Manager

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Bowie » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:20 pm

You should have complained before your draft. Too late now.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:43 pm

Bowie wrote:You should have complained before your draft. Too late now.

Agreed
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby niblet » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:46 pm

that sucks. i dont blame u id be pissed off too, but i agree that its too late now
niblet
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby drinklime » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:57 pm

return yards of any kind are a crappy idea. our league got screwed with them last year, a guy made it all the way to championship game playing guys like wes welker and some other clowns no one heard of. thankfully, he lost the championship.

this year, we all voted down return yards.
drinklime
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FatFoot » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:32 pm

If scoring rules were solid before you guys completed your draft, then yes, I think it's poor sportsmanship to complain about it now. BUT I think it sounds like an absurd scoring rule.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby pvt1863 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:29 am

Yeah, those scoring rules are kind of dumb.

But you should have brought this up before the draft. Every owner should review the rules for his league right after signing up. That way, you can suggest changes before the teams are set.

If you can't get the rule changed, then you have to take it into account when setting up your cheat sheets. If your league has odd scoring rules, then you have to take that into account when drafting players.

This happened while I was giving advice to my brother before he drafted in one particular league. In that league, passing TDs were worth 4 points, passing yards were worth 1 point per 40 yards, rushing TD's were worth 6 points and rushing yards were worth 1 point for every 10 yards. As soon as he told me this, I said, "get Vick." He started talking about how he'd rather spend a third round pick on Palmer or Brady, but I sold him on the fact that the scoring system heavily favored rushing QB's. Vick (should be stay healthy) could therefore be more valuable than someone like Brady. On top of that, Vick could be had in later rounds.

Your league is similar. It sounds like your league greatly rewards return men. So you should have drafted return men.
pvt1863
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgan » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:27 am

I don't think it is poor sportsmanship to complain...only to expect someone to do something about it. I would give the league hell but deep down you know you have to live with it this season.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting