am i being a poor sport or is this points situation crap?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

am i being a poor sport or is this points situation crap??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bwagner112 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:37 am

you should have drafted Wes Welker.
bwagner112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bomb Squad » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:51 am

The commish got you! Perhams Carr from Oakland is available.
Bomb Squad
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby spodog » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:14 am

Bowie wrote:You should have complained before your draft. Too late now.

Yep. :-°
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SheLovesFootball » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:43 pm

bwagner112 wrote:you should have drafted Wes Welker.

An interesting point too... your commish drafted Walker? He wasnt picked up in any of my leagues...

Unfortunately, you gotta stick to the rules...
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yellowbird » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:26 pm

Drummond from Detroit? Rod Smith? Dante Hall? 2 out of three are probably taken, but any one of those could help you out.

Find a team with a good defense that will force a lot of punts, then pick up their return man. If a team punts say 8 times a game all it takes is breaking one or two medium sized reutrns and you're on your way to a 10 point bonus.

Better than complaining use the rule to your advantage and beat everyone else with it!

Thanks to madaslives911 for the Sig.
Yellowbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:04 am

If the scoring was set like that before the draft, then it was your responsibility to know so, and to have drafted accordingly.

If it was changed after you drafted, then you can complain.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kilroy » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:56 am

If you don't know the rules of the game you're playing don't expect to win.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Weasel_King » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:39 am

I think you have every right to complain (not to change it though because you knew about it before the draft) Kick return yards shouldn't help a fantasy team
Weasel_King
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:47 pm

Weasel_King wrote:I think you have every right to complain (not to change it though because you knew about it before the draft) Kick return yards shouldn't help a fantasy team

That's your opinion. Not everyone agrees, and that is one of the things that makes this game so much fun - it's highly customizable.

I find the 10-pt bonus mentioned in the original complaint to be a little crazy because it's a big bonus %-wise for an arbitrary goal, but the Return Yardage counting for points is just an added facet of the game that makes drafting and Waiver wire maneuvers that much more interesting.

drinklime wrote:return yards of any kind are a crappy idea. our league got screwed with them last year, a guy made it all the way to championship game playing guys like wes welker and some other clowns no one heard of. thankfully, he lost the championship.

Yeah - it would have been a real shame if the guy had won after he so skillfully built his team to take advantage of the scoring system like that. I mean really - what kind of jerk actually reads the scoring settings and then sets out to exploit them by drafting players that will score a lot of points?? It's a good thing he lost in the championships - I mean can you imagine the gall to actually go out and pick up players just because they are going to thrive in the current scoring system?!?!ImageImage

What is the fantasy football world coming to?!?! Next thing you know people might actually start doing research before their drafts, comparing strength-of-schedules, and doing draft-position-vs-projected-points comparisons!!! ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Is your FFBC name drinklime because the grapes were too sour or something?
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Re: am i being a poor sport or is this points situation crap??

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:02 pm

tubadan2000 wrote:in my league the commishioner set up kick return points 1 point for every 25 yards and 10 bonus points at 100 yards. so right now wes welker has 21 poins already tonight (67 rec yars=6 and 137 return points =15) and i'm playing the owner who started wes welker and guess what it's the commissioner.

I agree with everyone else that said you should've complained about it before your draft. Complaining now about the rules that you agreed to is just being a poor sport.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting