Another reason to be high on McGahee - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Another reason to be high on McGahee

Moderator: Football Moderators

Another reason to be high on McGahee

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:33 pm

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4114





I know its just an article, but its as true as it gets.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 171
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:35 pm

Aren't you done beating this dead horse already?
Image
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3441
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Montreal

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:44 pm

lmcjaho wrote:Aren't you done beating this dead horse already?


this has nothing to do with the article and wasnt appropriate.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 171
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:56 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:this has nothing to do with the article and wasnt appropriate.


The relevance is that 90% of your posts are about how great McGahee and the Bills will be this year. Okay - we understand, you're a Bills fan, and there's nothing to be ashamed of, but by the same token not everyone here looks at the Bills with the same rose-colored glasses that you do...
Image
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3441
Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Montreal

Postby Bowie » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:07 pm

Notice this article is from the Bills' web site. Featured prominently on the page is this: “Order Your McGahee Jersey”. I wonder if they have any interest in hyping McGahee.

Just for fun, look under that and find: “Losman Poised for Production”. Quick, pick up Losman before anyone else sees this insider info!!!
Last edited by Bowie on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1594
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Panama

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:07 pm

lmcjaho wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:this has nothing to do with the article and wasnt appropriate.


The relevance is that 90% of your posts are about how great McGahee and the Bills will be this year. Okay - we understand, you're a Bills fan, and there's nothing to be ashamed of, but by the same token not everyone here looks at the Bills with the same rose-colored glasses that you do...


sure maybe 10, 11, or maybe 12 of my like 20 posts have been about Buffalo, but I dont know about the rose-colored glasses because while I expect huge years from Evans and McGahee, but I also have stated I would be thrilled with an 8-8 record, which is attainable for Buffalo and most know that. I am excited about the Buffalo Bills this year, sorry if my venting it here got on your nerves.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 171
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:10 pm

Bowie wrote:Notice this article is from the Bills' web site. Featured prominently on the page is this: “Order Your McGahee Jersey”. I wonder if they have any interest in hyping McGahee.

Just for fun, look under that and find: “Losman Poised for Production”. Quick, pick up Losman before anyone else sees this!!!


most of these were quotes by Willis McGahee showing his motivation. And also the opening paragraph how it stated that McGahee's role was part time for a feature back. The Losman poised for production link is actually a video where they interview JP Losman, its not an article like it is for McGahee.



I will just say "I told you so" when McGahee is a perennial top 4 back next year taken in fantasy drafts.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 171
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:54 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:
Bowie wrote:Notice this article is from the Bills' web site. Featured prominently on the page is this: “Order Your McGahee Jersey”. I wonder if they have any interest in hyping McGahee.

Just for fun, look under that and find: “Losman Poised for Production”. Quick, pick up Losman before anyone else sees this!!!


most of these were quotes by Willis McGahee showing his motivation. And also the opening paragraph how it stated that McGahee's role was part time for a feature back. The Losman poised for production link is actually a video where they interview JP Losman, its not an article like it is for McGahee.



I will just say "I told you so" when McGahee is a perennial top 4 back next year taken in fantasy drafts.


353 total touches is not part time for a featured role. McGahee can claim it all he wants, it doesn't make it true. And you're missing the point about the articles. It doesn't matter if that Losman link sends a phone call to a driver who than takes Losman to your home to explain in person why he thinks he'll be productive, its that the entire website clearly is biased towards the Bills.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:15 pm

maddog60 wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:
Bowie wrote:Notice this article is from the Bills' web site. Featured prominently on the page is this: “Order Your McGahee Jersey”. I wonder if they have any interest in hyping McGahee.

Just for fun, look under that and find: “Losman Poised for Production”. Quick, pick up Losman before anyone else sees this!!!


most of these were quotes by Willis McGahee showing his motivation. And also the opening paragraph how it stated that McGahee's role was part time for a feature back. The Losman poised for production link is actually a video where they interview JP Losman, its not an article like it is for McGahee.



I will just say "I told you so" when McGahee is a perennial top 4 back next year taken in fantasy drafts.


353 total touches is not part time for a featured role. McGahee can claim it all he wants, it doesn't make it true. And you're missing the point about the articles. It doesn't matter if that Losman link sends a phone call to a driver who than takes Losman to your home to explain in person why he thinks he'll be productive, its that the entire website clearly is biased towards the Bills.


McGahee was not even the 3rd down back last year, therefore his job was part time (yeah...Mike Mularkey was stupid and didnt utilize McGahee correctly). Holcomb/Losman didnt throw many dump off passes to him either this year he is expect to be more involved in the passing game. If McGahee gets his 350-400 carries this year I can assure you people will be talking about him in the same conversations as they would Ladainian Tomlinson about who the best back in the league is. You guys might think Im biased but Im really not, I have realistic expectations for the team and for the players, I watch them every week.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 171
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cordscords » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:55 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:
Bowie wrote:Notice this article is from the Bills' web site. Featured prominently on the page is this: “Order Your McGahee Jersey”. I wonder if they have any interest in hyping McGahee.

Just for fun, look under that and find: “Losman Poised for Production”. Quick, pick up Losman before anyone else sees this!!!


most of these were quotes by Willis McGahee showing his motivation. And also the opening paragraph how it stated that McGahee's role was part time for a feature back. The Losman poised for production link is actually a video where they interview JP Losman, its not an article like it is for McGahee.



I will just say "I told you so" when McGahee is a perennial top 4 back next year taken in fantasy drafts.


353 total touches is not part time for a featured role. McGahee can claim it all he wants, it doesn't make it true. And you're missing the point about the articles. It doesn't matter if that Losman link sends a phone call to a driver who than takes Losman to your home to explain in person why he thinks he'll be productive, its that the entire website clearly is biased towards the Bills.


McGahee was not even the 3rd down back last year, therefore his job was part time (yeah...Mike Mularkey was stupid and didnt utilize McGahee correctly). Holcomb/Losman didnt throw many dump off passes to him either this year he is expect to be more involved in the passing game. If McGahee gets his 350-400 carries this year I can assure you people will be talking about him in the same conversations as they would Ladainian Tomlinson about who the best back in the league is. You guys might think Im biased but Im really not, I have realistic expectations for the team and for the players, I watch them every week.


I watch the Bills every week too, and I dont have a biased view for them (you say you arent, but I know to some extent you are) but McGahee wont become the stud you think he will be this year. Of course I don't have any concrete proof to back this up, the players are the ones that make things happen. But McGahee had the worst YPC in the entire league for full time starters who played in all 16 games. Just because positive reports are becoming off the Bills site (which I found absolutely SHOCKING!) and you see improvement in the o-line in LIMITED TIME in the PRESEASON, does not mean McGahee will become one of the best backs in the league.

That being said I do agree that McGahee was not used properly last year and Fairchild and Jauron say he will be utilized fully this year (although I have my doubts on comments considering Mularkey said the same thing last year) which holds some merit because they have kept their word in the preseason. He should be able to out-produce his draft position, and up his TD total to around 8-10.
cordscords
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 532
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:59 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact