Another reason to be high on McGahee - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Another reason to be high on McGahee

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ampant » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:22 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:I will just say "I told you so" when McGahee is a perennial top 4 back next year taken in fantasy drafts.

Look up the word "perennial" in the dictionary. It means "something that is continuing or recurrent." Even if Willis puts up top 4 numbers this year (which he won't), he would need to do that a few years in a row before we call him a "perennial top back"

SA and LT (and maybe Edge, but that might change this year) are the only active RBs that qualify as "perennial top 4 backs"

Everybody is still waiting for him to break out, but so far all he has done is underperform. He's a nice upside candidate, but he's basically a more expensive version of Kevin Jones - a talented player on a bad team who we are still waiting to live up to expectations.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby iloveny18 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:19 pm

I'm a Bills fan and drafted willis, but i'm not too high on the bills this year. I see them as an 8-8 team at best. It's true willis has more things going for him this year, new coach, new attitude, and more experience, but the oline sucks. I hated the fact they gave up on mike williams. The defense is better and they got guys returning from injuries. Plus I think people need to give JP a break, he's only started one year.

Bottom line, I see willis improving, but not by much. Maybe about 1,275 with 250 yards rec . and 8 total tds
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:45 pm

Willis McGahee is the best RB in the entire NFL.

Just ask him. :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby NikkiSixx » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:10 am

ampant wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:I will just say "I told you so" when McGahee is a perennial top 4 back next year taken in fantasy drafts.

Look up the word "perennial" in the dictionary. It means "something that is continuing or recurrent." Even if Willis puts up top 4 numbers this year (which he won't), he would need to do that a few years in a row before we call him a "perennial top back"

SA and LT (and maybe Edge, but that might change this year) are the only active RBs that qualify as "perennial top 4 backs"

Everybody is still waiting for him to break out, but so far all he has done is underperform. He's a nice upside candidate, but he's basically a more expensive version of Kevin Jones - a talented player on a bad team who we are still waiting to live up to expectations.

I already corrected myself.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgan » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:56 am

I'm giving Losman until week 5 to either be benched or laid out by Urlacher.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk