parker gets hosed out of 2 tds - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

parker gets hosed out of 2 tds

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ConTender » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:25 am

Haynes was in on the play from the 1 yard line, but I read that Willie was just outa breathe..Didn't have anything to do with not being the "goal line" guy. Willie played very well last night, looks like this could be a great year for him.
ConTender
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby loophole21 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:22 am

I was really impressed with FWP last night. Good power and bursts of speed. On the play where he was taken out of the game on the one yard line, it looked to me at least that he signaled to the sideline that he needed a breather. Haynes is more of a scat back anyway, so I wouldn't worry about him.
loophole21
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:52 am

ConTender wrote:Haynes was in on the play from the 1 yard line, but I read that Willie was just outa breathe..Didn't have anything to do with not being the "goal line" guy. Willie played very well last night, looks like this could be a great year for him.

Yeah, when willie came out in the goal line play, he had just had 2 good runs, and was probably winded. Had Nick saben actually gotten that challenge in, it would have been first and goal at the 1, and FWP would probably have been in.

On another note, saben looked like a little girl throwing that challenge flag. Looked as if he wasnt sure he wanted to throw it or not.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RyanTB » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:55 am

Good thing I have Heath Miller and FWP. I didn't get screwed out of that second TD. ;-D
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby tdcman1 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:26 pm

Willie asked out on the 1yard line. they didnt pull him
tdcman1
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:16 pm

FWP= No TDs... get used to it.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: parker gets hosed out of 2 tds

Postby coNFLict » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:17 am

bulger2holt wrote:the fumble on the one yard line and the blown call on td would have put the ball on the one. that really sux

Not if you were playing against Parker :)

I was happy to see that he was not in on ANY of their 3rd downs. As good as he is, you need an all down back to be in the elite. He will score from far out but you will probably see this situation repeat itself throughtout the season.
coNFLict
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby coNFLict » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:18 am

tdcman1 wrote:Willie asked out on the 1yard line. they didnt pull him

If you were watching the game, you know this is NOT true. He signaled to the bench after he was told to come out.
coNFLict
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby hpandu » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:58 am

I was very angry about this....its so unfair sometimes how well will ran yet Ronnie got more pts! Wille should have had 24 FPs
hpandu
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mattb47 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:29 am

coNFLict wrote:
tdcman1 wrote:Willie asked out on the 1yard line. they didnt pull him

If you were watching the game, you know this is NOT true. He signaled to the bench after he was told to come out.

You have no idea what you're talking about.....please don't act like it is so obvious that he was told to come out because he wasn't. He needed a breather, he had just been a part of the past few plays that got them into that position and he needed to take a quick breather.

You may have had something of a point if Haynes was a good short yardage back himself, but he's not. Haynes is a 3rd down, receiving back and special teams player, not a power/short yardage back.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting